Thinking About Geos

Wraithen
I currently have a blue acara, a veil angel, 2 clown plecos, 6 sterbaI cories and 7 bloodfin angels. I inquired and found a geo locally. Would it be ok with my current stock? I'm not wild about the angel I have but I do currently like my acara. Would this work out or is it too risky?

FlipFlopFishFlake
I currently have a blue acara, a veil angel, 2 clown plecos, 6 sterbaI cories and 7 bloodfin angels. I inquired and found a geo locally. Would it be ok with my current stock? I'm not wild about the angel I have but I do currently like my acara. Would this work out or is it too risky?
What size tank? 7 angels is a lot, unless they are juveniles.

Wraithen
FlipFlopFishFlake
Can't believe I typed that. 7 bloodfin tetras. Not angels
Oh ok, that's certainly a bit of a difference lol I was confused on what bloodfin angels were, I had never heard of them. What's that tank size? This will help in determining if you can add geophagus or not.

Wraithen
65 gallon

FlipFlopFishFlake
Depending on the species, I believe it could work. You would have to get one of the smaller, more placid varieties. I would watch out for conflict between the acara and geos as both are medium sized cichlids that generally occupy the same levels of the tank.

Wraithen
Depending on the species, I believe it could work. You would have to get one of the smaller, more placid varieties. I would watch out for conflict between the acara and geos as both are medium sized cichlids that generally occupy the same levels of the tank.
Yeah, I am always drawn to bottom living fish for some reason. The angel was an impulse buy thanks to the lfs scaring me about scarcity after 3 major disasters. I figure once it's grown out a bit I can rehome it, especially given it's easy going attitude.

So far I've been lucky with this acara, but it's still young so we will have to see how it gets along with everyone.

Wraithen
So... the acara was slowly bumping into the geo for a bit. There was some slow mouthing on both parties. I think it was just curiosity as the angel, acara, and geo were all in the same corner for a while. (Usually the acara and angel hang out together anyway.) I'm keeping my fingers crossed and my eye out for aggression. I do like how the geo sits on the bottom resting on its lower fins. I'll let it color up a bit and try and find out what species it is.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
JGombs99
Replies
Views
cjbart1009
2 3
Replies
Views
A201
Replies