Think I May Have Been Scammed (or Maybe Not)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wapooshe, Apr 25, 2017.

1. wapoosheValued MemberMember

So i bought my "75 gallon" + stand from a yard sale for $80. I took the deal and brought the tank home. The tank is fine the only problem is I don't think its a 75 gallon. Can someone help me out on my measurements and tell me the gallon size?
    Length: 4ft or 48inches
    Width: 1.5ft or 18inches
    Height: about 1.6ft or 19 inches

I'm really confused caused i looked up my lengths into gallons, but each site is drastically different one says its 75 gal another says 60 gal another says 70 gal another says 65 gal. Its kind of annoying. I did read some forum posts with people having the same lengths saying their tank was a 75 gal. Thanks for the help :)

2. ILLBETHEJUDGEValued MemberMember

65 gallons. i have one of those.

3. wapoosheValued MemberMember

just found fishlore's calculator and it cleared up things for me I think i have a U.S. 70 gallon tank apparently for the UK my tank is 60 gal. Weird system :p. Guess I got "scammed" 5 gallons

4. VioletSSValued MemberMember

I wouldn't call it a scam. Maybe the owner forgot the precise gallons.
    Almost 75 gallons with a stand for $80 still seems like a good deal.

5. wapoosheValued MemberMember

aaaand I just remeasured my tank and my lengths are actually 48x18x20 exactly. Put it in the fishlore calc and now have 74.81 US gallon and 62.32 UK gallon tank. So maybe not scammed :)

6. wapoosheValued MemberMember

yeah your right

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice