think i found a good deal?

1. LadyBug82 Member Member

2. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

can u just get the 50 gallon tank thats 2 expensive for a 10 gallon even with that gold fish.

3. LadyBug82 Member Member

the 55g is $150 not getting the 10g

4. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

No it says $100 for the 55g even better deal:D

5. pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

Thats still a bit over priced in my book, offer them 50 as you have to move the fish as well, yes the fish cost money but they don't want the fish anymore so you can use that to your advantage.

6. LadyBug82 Member Member

comes with two filters a heater and the decor they wont go lower tho. comes with a wood stand. but i think the koi should only be in a pond tho cause they get big tho.

7. pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

Oh I agree it is a nice package, I personally just wouldn't pay that price, then again there are tons of tanks WAY overpriced in my area. IF you feel that it is a good price and you want to buy it by all means go ahead and get it.

8. Wendy Lubianetsky Well Known Member Member

I got a brand new 20 tall yesterday with the hood, pump heater, therm., and all the decorations plants and fish for $40.00. I chipped in and spent an extra $30.00 at the fish store because I felt like getting some extra fish (some for all my tanks, only three for this one).

I thought that was a good deal. I think if you get the 55 for 100 you are doing well. The other one is overpriced compared to what I found. :no2:

9. LadyBug82 Member Member

i found a 65 gallon tank with stand for $100obo but their fish died and didnt want to chance it if i got fish and they died tho. plus it looked to big for my daughters room..lol

10. pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

the fact that the fish dies is usually no relation to the tank, a good cleaning of the tank will cure most all that could be there. I have bought a few tanks that people have lost all the fish in and a good cleaning with vinegar and a day in the sun and there isn't a thing that survives.

11. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

I agree, no need to be concerned about fish dying. Once the tank dries out, parasites and such die.

When shopping for a tank, it's important to keep in mind the dimensions of the tank. Everyone knows length is important, but width is too. There are 3 standard widths - 12, 18 and 24 inches. 18 inches is a great tank to decorate and stock - I find the 12 inch tanks to be restrictive. But, that means the tank will stick out from the wall more. I would LOVE a 24 inch wide tank, but I just can't have it sticking out that much.

I believe 55 is the largest 12 inch tank.

12. LadyBug82 Member Member

the 65 looked to long and it was only the tank and stand if i gotten that i would have spent more money getting another filter and a new heater and getting the light hood thing to. the stand looked a scratched but could be fixed tho.

13. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

You should be able to get a complete setup. However, sometimes the equipment that comes with it is junk, in which case you would find yourself having to get another filter anyways.

Post the links of what you find and people will help you determine if it's a good deal.

14. pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

actually the 65gallon if it is standard is shorter than the 55

55gal standard tank is 48Lx13Wx21H (in inches roughly)

65gal standard tank is 37Lx19Wx25H (in inches roughly)