Funny Things your fish do.....

AlyeskaGirl

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Hi,

Earlier I was sitting on the couch and I hear this thunk, thunk, thunk, and I am like what the heck is that, lol!!! It was comin from my 55 gal tank, I'm lookin over and I see my Koi Angelfish biting the filter that was in the water, the part where the water flows down, it was slightly submerged!! He was all busy with that thing! My boyfriend was sitten next to me and we both start crackin up!!!

Nick G

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
My Oscars steal the algae wafers I put in for my Pleco. They don't even like them! They just pick them up chew them to pieces and spit them out. They just won't let any food go in the tank that isn't for them!

ShaynaB

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I have two ottos in with one of my bettas. Before there was really any algae for them to munch on I'd drop in pieces of algae wafers. My boy thought it was for him, so he'd pick up one of the pieces (these were not small pieces either) and he'd swim around with it in his mouth. Kinda looked like a dog with a bone.

mare2009

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
my betta, Sully, has become a jumper. He just likes to leap out of the water and splashes back in, (looking for attention or trying to prove to the ever present 'guard cat' that hes not afraid of her ), too funny..startled me at first! But I gave him a.... and then made sure the hood was tight and any space for paws was not accessible

capekate

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Oooo what a chuckle out of everyone's posts on the silly things their fish do! hehee.... I love it! they all are so funny and full of their own silly personalities... ;D

shutterbug

Reaction score
I dont know if everyone considers this funny, but it is peculiar behaviour for fish, or so i think.......My African cichlid tank, the male exasperatus will come to the surface and grab the floating pellets and take them to his little cave and spit them out so they float to the ceiling of his den..........I have watched him do this with 4 or 5 pellets at one feeding........He is like a squirrel storing nuts....He actually will feed with the other fish and then go sit in his den and eat his stash while they search for more food at the surface..........Small brains, but smart enough to secure a meal anytime he wants it

AlyeskaGirl

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
I dont know if everyone considers this funny, but it is peculiar behaviour for fish, or so i think.......My African cichlid tank, the male exasperatus will come to the surface and grab the floating pellets and take them to his little cave and spit them out so they float to the ceiling of his den..........I have watched him do this with 4 or 5 pellets at one feeding........He is like a squirrel storing nuts....He actually will feed with the other fish and then go sit in his den and eat his stash while they search for more food at the surface..........Small brains, but smart enough to secure a meal anytime he wants it
I think that's funny, people who say fish don't have brains, well that just proves it! That's so cute!

When I'm changing the water, my Silver Dollar, he's got the coolest personality, but he's so funny, I'll start adding water back into the tank and I am lookin in and he'd be layin on his side in the plants!!! I look at him and all you see are his eyes movin and he's breathin slowly. Or the other day I was doin a w/c and he fit himself into a cave and was just chillin! He looked so funny in that cave! I wanted to take a pic but didnt have the camera at the time.

Tavel

Well Known Member
Reaction score
My fish follow the cory cats around after feeding time because they know the cory's will find something delicious, and then they take it.

My barbs pick the peastones up in their mouths and spit them at the glass

and yes, you must listen to first wave ska when viewing fish tanks.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom