OP
Hazzy

Hazzy

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
SanDiegoRedneck said:
How is his behaviour? How is he eating?
He acts as normal, active, likes to "show off" with to the other guppies. Has a good appetite but I've noticed him occasionally spitting out food, but most of the time he eats without spitting it back out. For example he might eat 5-7 pieces of food and spit out 1 of them. After feeding his belly looks more normal and rounded. I originally thought it was an internal parasite but as the treatment had no effect on the fish, I'm concerned it could potentially be fish tb. D:

SanDiegoRedneck

Well Known
Reaction score
Hazzy said:
He acts as normal, active, likes to "show off" with to the other guppies. Has a good appetite but I've noticed him occasionally spitting out food, but most of the time he eats without spitting it back out. For example he might eat 5-7 pieces of food and spit out 1 of them. After feeding his belly looks more normal and rounded. I originally thought it was an internal parasite but as the treatment had no effect on the fish, I'm concerned it could potentially be fish tb. D:
Fish eat and spit out because too big of a bite usually
Sounds like he is eating healthy. Fish can have size differences. He did not look emaciated. Just keep eye on him. He may just be smaller

OP
Hazzy

Hazzy

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
SanDiegoRedneck said:
Fish eat and spit out because too big of a bite usually
Sounds like he is eating healthy. Fish can have size differences. He did not look emaciated. Just keep eye on him. He may just be smaller
Yeah that's probably what i'll end up doing. Its a shame though, i wanted to move them to my 50g community tank but i'm not risking contaminating my other fish. Just his stomach is much thinner than the other two guppies, i don't think its normal. Could possibly be a deformity from inbreeding? Either way the guppies seem happy enough in their current tank but as always more space is always better. Thanks for your opinion. :)

New Threads