They've got me figured out

Discussion in 'Snails' started by Bijou88, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Bijou88

Bijou88 Well Known Member Member

My snails are on to me. ..they know I'm a softie and have figured out that if they present themselves at the water line during feeding time they'll get some flakes stuck on the glass for them, lol! Even a couple babies have gotten the memo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. Witchydesign

Witchydesign Well Known Member Member

mine always go for freeze dried daphnia. the whole tank comes up for those.

3. OP
    OP
    Bijou88

Haha, my betta is that way too, if he sees me walk across the room he zooms over hoping for attention (food, lol). I'm used to it with my platies, they always think it's dinner time. The snails are becoming almost as bad, though they at least wait until they smell food in the tank usually. o_0

4. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Lol, that's funny, and cute that they do that.

5. kidster9700

kidster9700 Well Known Member Member

I WISH I could get my snails to come up for food.... My Bettas will let me pet them for frozen bloodworms hahaha.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

6. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

I've deleted all the off topic posts about Bettas, please keep on topic

7. OP
    OP
    Bijou88

You can probably train them to, just gently scoot them up to the top at feeding time, stick a little blob of damp flakes in front of them just above the water line, they'll get the idea. My golden girl figured it out on her own first, the others were quick to follow, lol.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice