They Finally got it Right!

1. lorabell Well Known Member Member

I cant believe this!!!!!!! Yesterday while i was cleaning my ADF tank I found this teenie little one. I cant beleive it!!!!!! And I all but missed it. Ive had these huge FAT froggies for a while (they came to me this way...not because I over-feed ...lol) were always laughing how they get in all of these positions.(all but the right one)..and now I know for sure they are a male and a female...

I unfortuneatly do not keep a filter in there ...I tried and they didnt do well....they were given to me by my LFS .Another customer had had them in a tiny cup like thing and was tired of taking care of them....so they were given to me...I did put them in a 5 gal for a while but they just didnt thrive...so now there in a 2 gallon that I clean a couple of times a week.Yesterday was houscleaning day .

This little guy almost went down the drain....lol.....I always dump everything out and clean like crazy.Im not even sure how old it is but Im hoping I can get him to survive. Its no bigger than a pin-head......I had no idea how teenie they really are when born!!!!!!

Attached Files:

2. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Yay! Congrats Lori!
    Isn't it exciting to find tadpoles!!!

They are amazingly teeny and cute as heck.
    Look at him with a magnifying glass as he grows. It's fascinating!
    Good luck raising him.

3. fbn Well Known Member Member

I hope he lives! Cute frogs!

4. Wendy Lubianetsky Well Known Member Member

I used to catch tadpoles and raise them to frogs when I was a kid, but they weren't that small! I am amazed you saw it at all.

5. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

OMG, I never realised how fat your ADFs were until now!!! :;laughing

Hope your little baby makes it! Seems like tadpoles are coming around a lot on the forum! Maybe my frogs are next! :giggle:

6. RTBS Member Member

Wow that's cool... Congrats and Goodluck

7. Chicken farmer Well Known Member Member

Nice!

8. lorabell Well Known Member Member

Well Im keeping my fins crossed.....I hope u get some tooooo Akari!!!!!! By the way....would the parents eat their young if left in there with them???????

9. Chicken farmer Well Known Member Member

I think the parents would.

10. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

The parents will eat eggs and tads.
    Maybe move him to a small heated tank. He doesn't need filtration or alot of room right now.
    Live BBS and daily water changes will give him the best shot.

Keep us posted!