They Did It Again!

Goldie&Yami
Well my Peppered Cories have been busy lol.
I saved about 30 this time and only lost about 10. I'm going to move them into a breeder net in my grow out tank in just a little bit. I only put them in here with my other fry to be quick and stay on top of catching them before somebody made a meal of them.
Will changing tanks affect them at all? I also want to move my already hatched fry to the grow out tank. They have been in the parent tank for about 5 days. When is it safe to acclimatise them?
20180716_130613.jpg
20180716_130623.jpg
20180717_220845.jpg

BottomDweller
Are the tanks different temperatures, ph or hardness?

Goldie&Yami
Are the tanks different temperatures, ph or hardness?
I don't have a kit for hardness. There is probably a slight difference tho. I use water from my tap which is about 8.0 ph. The tank they are in now has a peice of driftwood and keeps the ph about 7.8. The tank I would move them to does not have driftwood. Other than that I keep everything else the exact same.

BottomDweller
Since they have very similar parameters I think it would be safe to acclimitize them soon

Goldie&Yami
What about the eggs? They are in the same container with my fry and I want to move them to a bigger breeder net in my grow out tank BEFORE they hatch. That won't bother the eggs will it?

Goldie&Yami
What about the eggs? They are in the same container with my fry and I want to move them to a bigger breeder net in my grow out tank BEFORE they hatch. That won't bother the eggs will it?
Anybody on this one? I wanted to move them today before they hatch! They were laid on Monday.

Sarah73
Nope as long as you don't keep the eggs out of the water too long. Was waiting for you to mention me

Goldie&Yami
Nope as long as you don't keep the eggs out of the water too long. Was waiting for you to mention me
You are right I should've... that's my bad.
I've got lots of pepper babies now!
I can't seem to figure out why my green or albino won't breed tho... There is more of them and quite a few of my mommas are looking super fat with eggs lol.

Sarah73
Cuteeeeeee! The females that won't breed are likely just waiting until they are fully loaded with eggs. Just keep feeding them! You shall get them soon.

Goldie&Yami
Cuteeeeeee! The females that won't breed are likely just waiting until they are fully loaded with eggs. Just keep feeding them! You shall get them soon.
They look pretty swollen. Really about twice the size my peppered momma was both times she bred....hmm.

Sarah73
Can I see the females that aren't laying eggs yet?

Goldie&Yami

20180718_152204.jpg
20180718_152215.jpg
Here are my 2 biggest ones. I have 2 more this type and 3 albino that aren't this big but you can still definitely tell they are carrying too.

Sarah73
View attachment 457089 View attachment 457090
Here are my 2 biggest ones. I have 2 more this type and 3 albino that aren't this big but you can still definitely tell they are carrying too.
Yes, give them a few days. If nothing happens contact me. When mine got that big, the males started to try and "t" and that is when eggs started getting laid.

Goldie&Yami
Yes, give them a few days. If nothing happens contact me. When mine got that big, the males started to try and "t" and that is when eggs started getting laid.
Well the males have already been trying. The day my peppered cories laid again there were numerous males that tried to mate with both of them. And one of them went around and cleaned/prepared the glass and other surfaces for well over an hr so I thought she was going to, but she never did. She just kinda stopped.

Sarah73
Well the males have already been trying. The day my peppered cories laid again there were numerous males that tried to mate with both of them. And one of them went around and cleaned/prepared the glass and other surfaces for well over an hr so I thought she was going to, but she never did. She just kinda stopped.
she was telling him not yet. it happens to me too. she isn't ready. just wait

Goldie&Yami
she was telling him not yet. it happens to me too. she isn't ready. just wait
Awesom. I'm more than happy with being patient. I'm just kind of a paranoid person that worries the worst. So I was thinking that there was something wrong or that I was doing something wrong...

Sarah73
Awesom. I'm more than happy with being patient. I'm just kind of a paranoid person that worries the worst. So I was thinking that there was something wrong or that I was doing something wrong...
you are doing great!

Goldie&Yami
Sarah73
How is it going? I finally have a system where I do water changes 3-4 water changes a day along with food. No deaths in a week! May try it

Goldie&Yami
How is it going? I finally have a system where I do water changes 3-4 water changes a day along with food. No deaths in a week! May try it
Yes. That's exactly how I do it. Morning, noon, and lights out. Before lights out I feed them a little less than normal since I'm about to get to bed too and I won't do another change until morning. By morning tho there isn't a crumb left lol.
So this is the original 7 a week old today.
When should I be able to acclimatise them to the grow out tank? (I need to get a sponge filter first lol).

20180720_121805.jpg
And this is my newest batch right after I moved them into the breeder net in my grow out tank.(Currently holding bunches and bunches of baby mystery snails lol.)
From this batch I started out with 28 and have only lost 4 to fungus. If they stay true to the same schedule as the first 7 they should start hatching ANY TIME now.

20180720_121621.jpg

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
barbiespoodle
Top Bottom