These Weren’t On The List!

  • Moderator

Coradee

Moderator
Member
I was on the way home from a shopping trip & due to roadworks I had to take a diversion & spotted a tiny Lfs I’d not seen before so of course I had to stop & check it out.....
Meet my new babies, labelled as ‘spotted’ corys, excuse the poor photos they’re still a bit skittish


 

Fishcat

Member
I don’t think I could have resisted them either. Do you know what species they are?
 

Feohw

Member
Nice, I keep meaning to get myself some corydora - then I end up getting something else. My first thought was corydoras polystictus - many spotted corydora. Or maybe c. similis. Not great with corydora here. Either way I'm liking them!!
 
  • Moderator
  • Thread Starter

Coradee

Moderator
Member
They’re C.similis, I couldn't resist
 

Platylover

Member
Beautiful! What a nice find! do you plan on breeding them?
 

Fanatic

Member
They are great, congrats!
 
  • Moderator
  • Thread Starter

Coradee

Moderator
Member
Platylover said:
Beautiful! What a nice find! do you plan on breeding them?
I’m hoping they’ll eventually spawn for me, it’d be nice to have a large group of them
 

DoubleDutch

Member
Go Coradee goooo !!!
Nice find. I believe there are two colortypes in C.similis. Do you've got both ?
 

DoubleDutch

Member
Did the LFS organise the roadworks ? .
 
  • Moderator
  • Thread Starter

Coradee

Moderator
Member
DoubleDutch said:
Go Coradee goooo !!!
Nice find. I believe there are two colortypes in C.similis. Do you've got both ?
It could be just the lighting in the pics I’m no photographer, in the flesh I haven’t noticed any difference

DoubleDutch said:
Did the LFS organise the roadworks ? .
Haha possibly, there’s been some weird stuff going on lately
 

DoubleDutch

Member
Coradee said:
It could be just the lighting in the pics I’m no photographer, in the flesh I haven’t noticed any difference
Ahhh okay. There is a more reddish type as well. Never kept them but they are awesome.
 

chromedome52

Member
Feohw said:
Nice, I keep meaning to get myself some corydora - then I end up getting something else. My first thought was corydoras polystictus - many spotted corydora. Or maybe c. similis. Not great with corydora here. Either way I'm liking them!!
Corydora is not a word. It is Corydoras whether singular or plural. And when it is written as part of a scientific name, the "C" in the Genus name must always be capitalized, as Corydoras polystictus or C. similis.

Coradee , very nice pickup.It is always a pleasure to find a new store, but one with interesting fish is a rare treat!
 

Feohw

Member
chromedome52 said:
Corydora is not a word. It is Corydoras whether singular or plural. And when it is written as part of a scientific name, the "C" in the Genus name must always be capitalized, as Corydoras polystictus or C. similis.

Coradee , very nice pickup.It is always a pleasure to find a new store, but one with interesting fish is a rare treat!
Coolio, I usually just say cory or corydora, I'll add the s from now on then! Also with the capital, that's just a matter of me being too lazy to switch to caps rather than wanting to be accurate. I'm just commenting on a post about some cool new fish after all.
 

Lchi87

Member
Love the new cories! You can really see that beautiful sheen they have in that last photo.
 
  • Moderator

smee82

Moderator
Member
Nice find
 

dlconcidine

Member
Lovely. I bought 3 Corys about three years ago and they have been doing great, in fact they bred when I wasn't looking.

My tank is in my livingroom next to my chair and I sometimes catch the largest one out of the corner of my eye looking at me. When I turn to look she takes off. lol

Mine are more active at night and are a little skittish too
 

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Log in or register to view



Top Bottom