These Weren’t On The List!

Coradee

I was on the way home from a shopping trip & due to roadworks I had to take a diversion & spotted a tiny Lfs I’d not seen before so of course I had to stop & check it out.....
Meet my new babies, labelled as ‘spotted’ corys, excuse the poor photos they’re still a bit skittish

Fishcat

I don’t think I could have resisted them either. Do you know what species they are?

Feohw

Nice, I keep meaning to get myself some corydora - then I end up getting something else. My first thought was corydoras polystictus - many spotted corydora. Or maybe c. similis. Not great with corydora here. Either way I'm liking them!!

Coradee

They’re C.similis, I couldn't resist

Platylover

Beautiful! What a nice find! do you plan on breeding them?

Fanatic

They are great, congrats!

Coradee

Platylover said:
Beautiful! What a nice find! do you plan on breeding them?
I’m hoping they’ll eventually spawn for me, it’d be nice to have a large group of them

DoubleDutch

Go Coradee goooo !!!
Nice find. I believe there are two colortypes in C.similis. Do you've got both ?

DoubleDutch

Did the LFS organise the roadworks ? .

Coradee

DoubleDutch said:
Go Coradee goooo !!!
Nice find. I believe there are two colortypes in C.similis. Do you've got both ?
It could be just the lighting in the pics I’m no photographer, in the flesh I haven’t noticed any difference

DoubleDutch said:
Did the LFS organise the roadworks ? .
Haha possibly, there’s been some weird stuff going on lately

DoubleDutch

Coradee said:
It could be just the lighting in the pics I’m no photographer, in the flesh I haven’t noticed any difference
Ahhh okay. There is a more reddish type as well. Never kept them but they are awesome.

chromedome52

Feohw said:
Nice, I keep meaning to get myself some corydora - then I end up getting something else. My first thought was corydoras polystictus - many spotted corydora. Or maybe c. similis. Not great with corydora here. Either way I'm liking them!!
Corydora is not a word. It is Corydoras whether singular or plural. And when it is written as part of a scientific name, the "C" in the Genus name must always be capitalized, as Corydoras polystictus or C. similis.

Coradee , very nice pickup.It is always a pleasure to find a new store, but one with interesting fish is a rare treat!

Feohw

chromedome52 said:
Corydora is not a word. It is Corydoras whether singular or plural. And when it is written as part of a scientific name, the "C" in the Genus name must always be capitalized, as Corydoras polystictus or C. similis.

Coradee , very nice pickup.It is always a pleasure to find a new store, but one with interesting fish is a rare treat!
Coolio, I usually just say cory or corydora, I'll add the s from now on then! Also with the capital, that's just a matter of me being too lazy to switch to caps rather than wanting to be accurate. I'm just commenting on a post about some cool new fish after all.

Lchi87

Love the new cories! You can really see that beautiful sheen they have in that last photo.

smee82

Nice find

dlconcidine

Lovely. I bought 3 Corys about three years ago and they have been doing great, in fact they bred when I wasn't looking.

My tank is in my livingroom next to my chair and I sometimes catch the largest one out of the corner of my eye looking at me. When I turn to look she takes off. lol

Mine are more active at night and are a little skittish too

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom