These Weren’t On The List!

Coradee

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I was on the way home from a shopping trip & due to roadworks I had to take a diversion & spotted a tiny Lfs I’d not seen before so of course I had to stop & check it out.....
Meet my new babies, labelled as ‘spotted’ corys, excuse the poor photos they’re still a bit skittish

2D12799C-465E-466D-85A3-CB6790A52F9F.jpeg
912EA99E-501C-46DA-9C06-091C470B3D75.jpeg
457D08EF-0586-4B49-869E-7EC1656D7267.jpeg

Feohw

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Nice, I keep meaning to get myself some corydora - then I end up getting something else. My first thought was corydoras polystictus - many spotted corydora. Or maybe c. similis. Not great with corydora here. Either way I'm liking them!!

OP
Coradee

Coradee

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Go @Coradee goooo !!!
Nice find. I believe there are two colortypes in C.similis. Do you've got both ?
It could be just the lighting in the pics I’m no photographer, in the flesh I haven’t noticed any difference

Did the LFS organise the roadworks ? .
Haha possibly, there’s been some weird stuff going on lately

chromedome52

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Nice, I keep meaning to get myself some corydora - then I end up getting something else. My first thought was corydoras polystictus - many spotted corydora. Or maybe c. similis. Not great with corydora here. Either way I'm liking them!!
Corydora is not a word. It is Corydoras whether singular or plural. And when it is written as part of a scientific name, the "C" in the Genus name must always be capitalized, as Corydoras polystictus or C. similis.

@Coradee , very nice pickup.It is always a pleasure to find a new store, but one with interesting fish is a rare treat!

Feohw

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Corydora is not a word. It is Corydoras whether singular or plural. And when it is written as part of a scientific name, the "C" in the Genus name must always be capitalized, as Corydoras polystictus or C. similis.

@Coradee , very nice pickup.It is always a pleasure to find a new store, but one with interesting fish is a rare treat!
Coolio, I usually just say cory or corydora, I'll add the s from now on then! Also with the capital, that's just a matter of me being too lazy to switch to caps rather than wanting to be accurate. I'm just commenting on a post about some cool new fish after all.

dlconcidine

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Lovely. I bought 3 Corys about three years ago and they have been doing great, in fact they bred when I wasn't looking.

My tank is in my livingroom next to my chair and I sometimes catch the largest one out of the corner of my eye looking at me. When I turn to look she takes off. lol

Mine are more active at night and are a little skittish too

Toggle Sidebar

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom