These Things?

Discussion in 'More Freshwater Aquarium Topics' started by Kwade, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Kwade

Kwade New Member Member

So these things just appeared in the last day, adhered at odd intervals on the glass sides of our 38 gallon. It's semi planted with two Amazon Swords, Java Fern, Java Moss, and a smattering of Anachris; beyond that there are three Silver Dollars, and two Parrot Cichlids. Parameters are a stable pH 6.6, Ammonia 0ppm, Nitrite 0ppm, Nitrate 20ppm. Short of one potted Anachris added two weeks ago, everything in the tank has been there for months, and everything has been purchased from the same shop. Short of the idea that my female Parrot laid eggs again (she's pretty much staying in her cave, and the male is back in his "get off my lawn" behavior)... everyone is behaving normally, eating ravenously, and all the plants are looking great.
    Any thoughts?

Attached Files:

2. Rtessy

Rtessy Fishlore VIP Member

Seed shrimp?
    I believe they're harmless, and would be food for the fry. They get carried in on plants and stuff

3. WTFish?

WTFish? Well Known Member Member

I get those, someone told me snail eggs but I still believe they’re freshwater limpets or something. Lol....either one...plant hitchhikers.

4. aussieJJDude

aussieJJDude Well Known Member Member

Yep they freshwater limpets.

5. OP
    OP
    Kwade

Kwade New Member Member

Interesting...thanks, folks!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice