There Is A White Spot On My Betta. Help!

OneLittleBubble

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
That kinda looks like it could be ich, but it looks a bit big to be. Just watch your fish if he is eating, sleeping and acting fine wait and see what happens. The last thing you should do is freak out and dump a bunch of medication, however, if you want you can give him a salt dip and change the water.

Vadim B

Reaction score
OneLittleBubble said:
That kinda looks like it could be ich, but it looks a bit big to be. Just watch your fish if he is eating, sleeping and acting fine wait and see what happens. The last thing you should do is freak out and dump a bunch of medication, however, if you want you can give him a salt dip and change the water.
Ok thank you but I definitely know it is not ich, whatever he has looks furry.

OneLittleBubble

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Oh, it's fuzzy? I couldn't really tell from the photo, oops. Just salt dip him if you want then do a water change it might be a fungus or something then. I'm not an expert on bettas, but I know you can use something like bettafix on him if it gets worse. I know you are going to say something along the lines of "It's going to coat his labyrinth organ or burn it and it's not good for the fish", but that is not a scientifically proven fact and the effects it had on fish were usually in bad water quality or didn't follow the directions right. Obviously, you don't have to use it if you don't think it's safe.

Vadim B

Reaction score
OneLittleBubble said:
Oh, it's fuzzy? I couldn't really tell from the photo, oops. Just salt dip him if you want then do a water change it might be a fungus or something then. I'm not an expert on bettas, but I know you can use something like bettafix on him if it gets worse. I know you are going to say something along the lines of "It's going to coat his labyrinth organ or burn it and it's not good for the fish", but that is not a scientifically proven fact and the effects it had on fish were usually in bad water quality or didn't follow the directions right. Obviously, you don't have to use it if you don't think it's safe.
So I put tetra lifeguard in the aquarium. I also put one tablespoon of aquarium salt in gradually. Nothing seems to be helping. He doesn’t breath through his gills and he only comes to the surface to take a breath, not even to eat... What do I do?

OneLittleBubble

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
It could also be a start of culumnaris maybe not I just found out about it sorry it took so long to reply

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom