There is a new TINY babygirl in the house!!

Tazmiche
There is a new TINY babyBOY!! in the house!!

There she was and I heard myself say I'll take her!! I cried for Honey on the way home I have to admit!! I miss her SOOOOOOOO MUCH!!! My little brown eyed girl, I want her back!!:'''(

Anyway I hope this little one will be well and happy. I will post pics!!

armadillo
Oh that is awesome, Michelle. What are you going to call her? I can't wait to see the pictures. I am sure she'll be really spoilt with you.

Barbrella
Awwww, that's great! Those little girls just capture your heart, don't they?

Now all we need are PICS!!!:;hurryb

Tazmiche
hehehehe, Holly springs to mind but I will get to know her and go from there!! Bless her, she is so young and tiny!! Zips and zooms about!!!!

0morrokh
That's great you rescued another girl. Post pics as soon as you can!!

voiceless_kat
There she was and I heard myself say I'll take her!! I cried for Honey on the way home I have to admit!! I miss her SOOOOOOOO MUCH!!! My little brown eyed girl, I want her back!!:'''(

Anyway I hope this little one will be well and happy. I will post pics!!

Good for you Michelle!! Honey would want you to rescue another little one..:;a2.and everyone knows these fish/animal lovers hearts of ours just keep getting larger and larger....you won't fill the hole left by Honey - she will be in your heart forever, but your heart will grow to pull in and fall for this new little mite. Anxious to see pics!!

Val:;sman

COBettaCouple
We never replace a Betta, but we honor them by loving other Bettas and giving them good homes. Congratulations on your new little girl!

Tazmiche
The last 2 posts have really touched me!! More tears!!!

Ok she is SOOOO fast!! she zooms and zips away before I can get a decent pic!! Here is the best I can do for now, I will try to get more. I can't get over how young and tiny she is AND how fast she moves!!! She has had vitamins in her water today and yesterday and I have noticed a slight split in the middle of a fin so I'll keep a close eye on it. She has eaten well and VERY interested in contact with me and I have MY FIRST pre birthday Christmas tree after reading christmas posts on here ( my 38th birthday is next Sunday, 9th Dec and I have never had decs up for my birthday! Have a small tree now!!!! Feels good!!My last 2 Christmas days have been hard as they have been post relationship break up..........how FAB is it to have a good Christmas on it's way!!!

I'm not sure what to call her yet I feel Holly although I like it coz of christmas is too like Honey. Any ideas guys? Not related I have hiccups that won't go!!!

TheEssigs
I was reading your story about honey and the way this little girl tugged on your heart strings... and in keeping with that warm & fuzzy feeling...
how bout Grace or Hope?

Tazmiche
AGGHH I like both names!! Hope is a contender!! HopeyHop!! Isn't naming a new one fun!?!? Grace is too graceful for this little one!! She is fiesty! I have Hope on my short list.........thank you guys!!

Barbrella
Aren't the girlies fun? She's a cutie for sure!

I'll skip the names since I'm lousy at that, but just want to say it's great that this little one is putting a smile back on your face.

ETA: On second thought, what about "Kismet"? (meaning - Fate)

Tazmiche
good call!!Kismet!!!! Kissey is in my top 3!!!!

OMG!!! she came over to Kissey!!! HAAHHAA.

Her name is KisseyBoodleBum!!!! Thank you friends! KisseyBoodleBum.......Kissey for short!!
Miss KBB of H&G tank ( hope and grace tank)
Wirral
UK xxxxx

TheEssigs
sounds great!

Barbrella
Wow, I'm thrilled I got to name your new girlie!!

Hope to see more pics of her.

armadillo
Am glad Christmas has become celebration time for you again, Michelle. The only way is up, right? :;rudolph

So cool about Kissey being really interactice with you. Am sure you two will have a really close relationship in no time. Like Dave said, just because you are heart-broken about Honey does not mean you can't build another, new, beautiful relationship with your new girl. Sounds like you and her will have a fab time.

I'd love to see more pix - whenever she stops darting about that is. She looks like she has really deep coloring. Really pretty.

voiceless_kat
Michelle, she looks like a little beauty! I love that she is being feisty already....trying to make sure you fall hard and stay fallen!! She looks to be the colour of Tiny King ( pink and fuschia ). Amazing! Lucky you - best of luck with her!! Hugs!

Val

pamd
Her name is KisseyBoodleBum!!!! That's great, Kissey for short! She's a beautiful girl betta, and thanks for the pix!

COBettaCouple
lol, she sounds like our "Sweetie" who's constantly zipping about her tank. She's jealous of Angel's new tank, so she'll be the next one to get one. (Aren't they so like little children at times?! )

She's a beauty and I expect that little split will heal up in no time, being a strong & young female. It may just be from her excitement. We LOVE her name!!!!

Ok she is SOOOO fast!! she zooms and zips away before I can get a decent pic!! Here is the best I can do for now, I will try to get more. I can't get over how young and tiny she is AND how fast she moves!!! She has had vitamins in her water today and yesterday and I have noticed a slight split in the middle of a fin so I'll keep a close eye on it.

Tazmiche
Hey guys, tonight I think 'SHE' is a 'HE!!!' I've seen different behaviour tonight as in BIG Flares!! Also, her body has deepened in colour today and i'm not sure now if the 'white spot' is truely there!! This is such a TINY baby that I would not be shocked to find this a male!! Again it is a nightmare to get pics but look at these two and see what you think!!!

armadillo
Wow, that would be cool. An interactive male. Definitely possible. She'd be very full-finned for a female.

Tazmiche
I've just been searching online and found a pic of a 'Heavy Finned female Plakat'.....seemed a similar fish. I guess I may have to wait for some growth!! However look at this pic!! I THINK 'Kissey' IS a boy!!! I just tried a mirror!!!

Barbrella
Looks like a boy to me.

Tazmiche
Barbrella! What a difference 24 hours makes to these little ones!!! Last night a pale zippy, floppy betta, looked every bit a girl. Tonight fiesty, deep red and flaring! I guess 5 meals of betta pellets, warmer water and vitamin drops help!!!

0morrokh
Wow, I can't believe the change from the first pics!! He's gonna be gorgeous.

Tazmiche
Omor, do you agree that it's a boy?

0morrokh
Fins are way too big for a female. Overall body shape is very masculine too.

COBettaCouple
Hmm.. females can flare pretty strongly and have that much finnage. But I'm not sure without a closeup of her/his underside.

Tazmiche
Dave I have taken just under 200 webcamsnaps to get those pics you've seen!! Male or female it is rocket propelled!! I can't see an egg spot ( can never spell real word!). I'll try again tomo. Honey would flare too. I don't mind.....m/f......I have a cute fiesty TINY betta!!

Barbrella
Here's a pic of a very masculine female, but you can clearly see the white dot of the oviposter. If your fish doesn't have one, then it's definitely a boy!!

0morrokh
I still am pretty sure he's a male. If you look at the pic Barbrella posted she does have big fins, but notice her body shape is more streamlined and the top of her back and head is flat. Kissey has a much thicker body with a slanted topline. But, I may be wrong.

voiceless_kat
Michelle, what a fun surprise! One way or the other, this little betta is a keeper.

When I got one of my cats, the vet said it was female at 5 weeks old, then when I brought it in at 8 weeks and told him how bad and mischievous this "girl" was, he looked again.............Ta Da - a boy....Zipper.......and a very naughty one...he is devil spawn.

I think that is what you are leading up to, a feisty, healthy fish!! Which ever one it is. How fun! LOL

Val

COBettaCouple
Maybe you can get someone to take pictures while you entrance her/hI'm with some juicy thawed, frozen bloodworms?

armadillo
Man, that is a huuuuge ovipositor! (never thought I'd say THAT in my life).

Talk about a transgender female, LOL.
Here's a pic of a very masculine female, but you can clearly see the white dot of the oviposter. If your fish doesn't have one, then it's definitely a boy!!

Wow, you can tell by body shape? I am still totally flabbergasted that Tom's plakat is a male, and I could have sworn it was a splendens female. So I'll leave out of the sexing committee, LOL. I obviously need to take the exam again !
Fins are way too big for a female. Overall body shape is very masculine too.

Barbrella
Wow, you can tell by body shape?

If you look at both sexes a lot (which I've been doing a lot of lately) you'll see the males have bigger front end and jaw areas, kind of bull-doggy.

The pics are blurry, but it appears like Tazmiche's flaring fish has the large gill beard of a male.

Talk about a transgender female, LOL

No kidding! This one even built her own bubblenest and laid eggs in it!! Quite the little feminist.

armadillo
Ooooooh, interesting!

0morrokh
If you look at both sexes a lot (which I've been doing a lot of lately) you'll see the males have bigger front end and jaw areas, kind of bull-doggy.

The pics are blurry, but it appears like Tazmiche's flaring fish has the large gill beard of a male.

No kidding! This one even built her own bubblenest and laid eggs in it!! Quite the little feminist.

Crazy! (re building her own bubblenest)

I agree on the second comment too, gills looked too big for a female.

I was bored so I made a little comparison of male vs female body shape. These two Bettas are approx. the same size and age. Note the difference in the slope of their "forehead".

Tazmiche
Well I am 99.9% sure I have a new BOY!! He is filling out and the colour is deepening by the hour!!There seems to be a tiny white patch of fin at the point at which the analfin meets the body so I can see why when he was pale he was mistaken for a female. I have a nice pic on my mobile phone but can't find my bluetooth adapter at the moment to tranfer it!

So I guess this betta is now called 'Kis' pronounced 'Kiz'

chickadee
Looks to me like you have the startings of a very very very fine young male Delta Betta.

Welcome, young Kis!

Rose

COBettaCouple
well, I guess we should change the title of the thread, huh? no egg spot and Rose confirms that "it's a boy!"
;D

armadillo
Cool name!
Well I am 99.9% sure I have a new BOY!! He is filling out and the colour is deepening by the hour!!There seems to be a tiny white patch of fin at the point at which the analfin meets the body so I can see why when he was pale he was mistaken for a female. I have a nice pic on my mobile phone but can't find my bluetooth adapter at the moment to tranfer it!

So I guess this betta is now called 'Kis' pronounced 'Kiz'

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Fisch
Replies
Views
FishyFan2018
Top Bottom