Theodore the Jerk

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by sheenalee, Jul 2, 2016.

1. sheenalee

sheenalee Valued Member Member

Hello!
    So I've had theo for about two months now, and at first he was doing is own little fishy thing, now he's a Jerk. I have no idea why. From what I've observed he leaves my tetras alone (neon and glow light ) but he has it out for my cories.

It's a 36 gallon bow front, fully cycled (with ammonia, stability, and almost a whole fresh a water test kit and about 6 weeks of looking into an empty tank) anyways it has live plants and lots of areas for my fishes to hide but man does he hate those cories

1 pearl gourami
    8 neon tetras
    (Until today there where 8 glow lights until I moved them into my other tank, nothing to do with the situation)
    3 bronze cories *waiting till their babies get bigger to add them to the main tank with them*
    Apple snail
    Assassin snail

Temp 73F

Should I just rehome him? If I have to choose I like my cories more.

[​IMG]

Sorry it's a bit messy but tetras are hard to catch and I messed up the plants a bit.

Dare I suggest getting him a harem? He seems to be jealous of the cories activities....

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2016
  2. el337

el337 Fishlore Legend Member

Is Theo the gourami? If so, that's very unusual for a pearl to act aggressively towards corys. Neither of my pearls bother my corys. You've seen him nipping them?

3. Dave125g

Dave125g Fishlore Legend Member

Theo is the gourami? I'm assuming. There weird some are perfect gentleman others are jerks. I'd rehome him I can't see the corys starting with him. Put him in with some African chiclids (Mabee they can teach him some manners) Lol kidding

4. OP
    OP
    sheenalee

Yes he's the gourami, I'm pretty sure he is nipping them. They don't seem to have any damage but he sort of charges at them. Even stalks them through tunnels and if them swim even a little to far up from the substrate he pounces

5. el337

Wow, I guess it's true that you can never predict things with fish no matter how peaceful the species is supposed to be. Maybe it's a good idea to rehome him then. Also, your temp was too cold for pearls anyway. They like it around 78.

6. OP
    OP
    sheenalee

Yea, I'll rehome him. I just don't get it the cories are so much bigger then the tetras but their invisible to him. Doesn't even bother the shrimps!

7. Dave125g

Dave125g Fishlore Legend Member

Tetras are too fast for him to catch anyway .

8. el337

That sucks. They're such beautiful fish. :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice