The worst thing you've heard from someone working at a fish store

Bad Wolf

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
at one of my LFS the manager told me that a plecostomus would eat smaller fish in the tank with it.

also, one time i asked a girl if she could give me a cory catfish, she handed me the bag and inside was a chinese algae eater.

and another time i was there they were trying to breed bettas........ in a 1/4 of a gallon of water!!!!!

and at that same place i asked a man that worked there if he could give me 2 female mollies and 1 male one. he gave me the bag and i had a look inside and i hade 2 males and a female. i told him this and he said "no, no, they are one male and 2 females, you can sex them by looking at their tales, the males have a lyre tail". the male that he thought was a female was a sail fin, btw.

i could go on about stories of the same place, but thats the only place i have so i taught them about fish, lol.

TFA101

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
^^ I feel your pain, i've done that at petsmart. when my parents go to buy dog food or hamster food for my brothers hammy, I camp out in the fish dept. to PROPERLY inform customers about the livestock they wish to purchase. And best yet, its all confidential and under cover haha

AmongthePuffers

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Annabelle said:
How about "There is a Mollie stuck to your filter." (me) the clerk replied "dont worry, it is just cleaning the side of it."

Also, when asking for a cory I had the same clerk point to a tiger barb and a danio before getting it right (there were only the 3 species in that tank).

Or how about "you need to put fish in the tank or it will never cycle. The only way you can start the cycle is by putting some fish in there."

I just dont ask them for advice ne more. I look it up on the net.
omg that is awful!

AmongthePuffers

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
omg there are some dark-hearted pet stores out there. :nopity:

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads