The Underrated Betta Fish - A Man's Journal

AesSedai

Valued Member
Reaction score
I came across this on the net. I thought it was kinda cool (except for the not covering his Betta part) so wanted to share it...

poefox

Well Known Member
Reaction score
that is cool, and a really good description of why it is fun to keep bettas.

AesSedai

Valued Member
Reaction score
I love that it was a man that wrote it. I love to see men so....<gawd how do I not sound sexist>....woman like <-- not a good choice of words? <g>

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The men we have on our Betta Board are some of the finest parents on the forum. I am very proud of them.

Rose

poefox

Well Known Member
Reaction score
AesSedai said:
I love that it was a man that wrote it.  I love to see men so....<gawd how do I not sound sexist>....woman like <--  not a good choice of words?  <g>
Not that I'm offended but what DO you mean by that?

nmwierman1977

Well Known Member
Reaction score
That was a really cool article. I enjoyed reading it. Thank you for finding it and posting it. Natalie

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I believe it is referring to the fact that most of the men who post about their bettas seem to have a soft spot for them and it is perfectly manly. The bettas themselves are very handsome little men and would not in any way be mistaken for girls (sometimes even the ladies are little tomboys) and they are quite affectionate towards their owners at times too.

Rose

AesSedai

Valued Member
Reaction score
poefox said:
AesSedai said:
I love that it was a man that wrote it. I love to see men so....<gawd how do I not sound sexist>....woman like <-- not a good choice of words? <g>
Not that I'm offended but what DO you mean by that?
I started something in another thread without meaning to and then again here. To try and explain what I meant...

Some men are really sensitive and caring and don't have issues with expressing emotion (women are notorious for emoting). Some men are quite the opposite and to talk to a 'fish' wouldn't be a 'manly' thing for them to do.

I love men that are sensitive and freely emote and don't worry about society's ideas of what a 'man' is. You guys have such pressure. You know, big boys don't cry and all that. To me, big boys who cry ARE men. Make sense? I'm enjoying seeing men enjoying their Bettas so much.

((poefox))

poefox

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Ah, okay I get you. Thanks for explaining. Yeah I love my little guy as well.

AesSedai

Valued Member
Reaction score
((poefox))

AlfaBetta

Valued Member
Reaction score
Men enjoy fish keeping just like they enjoy pet dogs or lizards. I think men who try to be macho to hide their soft side are insecure. I find that having sisters helped me understand women a lot better than the average man.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom