The things i do for my fish

1. luke355027355027 Well Known Member Member

Its 11 at night. I woke up at 6 30 fro school. Got off school worked from 2 30 to nine. Got home took a shower. Did some basement cleaning, did a little homework and fixed a lamp. Now im doing water changes at 1 30 with a sprained wrist and a 5 gallon bucket. Fish be thankful ,

On the bright side i have gotten my probally very obese clown knife hooked off feeder goldfish and onto shrimp pellets.

2. Dino Fishlore VIP Member

I feel your pain.
    Back when I was running 200 tanks, I was doing, on average, 300 gallons worth of water changes a day. EVERYDAY.

3. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

*eye twitch*

4. luke355027355027 Well Known Member Member

But with a 5 gallon bucket and the weakest pressure in. Md ??? Yes dino you do win

5. soltarianknight Fishlore VIP Member

Yeah but you can use your mind powers to do it all at once :p. Not to mention the elves.

6. Dino Fishlore VIP Member

For a lot of it, I was draining into buckets.
    Some of the wild species xiphophorus I was working with go 30-40 $ a fish.
    So all drained water out of those tanks, went into a bucket instead of a Python.

And the elves I was using at the time were lazy and untrustworthy.

7. Wendy Lubianetsky Well Known Member Member

And I thought changing water on a 60, 40, 30, and 3 was a lot of work. But I beat the bucket system. I siphon the water right out the window out to the lawn and the hose comes in the window.:;bk

:usaflag:

8. Landozer18 Well Known Member Member

Without dedication would it still be fun?

9. luke355027355027 Well Known Member Member

Well where do you you treat the water at?

10. luke355027355027 Well Known Member Member

The easier something is the more boring it becomes

11. Wendy Lubianetsky Well Known Member Member

I put the Prime in the tank after the siphon is done, but before I start adding water. Prime is safe in 5X the needed dose, and I never do THAT big a water change. I have never had a problem with it and my fish are growing and are healthy. I keep the water pristine this way.:usaflag:

12. Landozer18 Well Known Member Member

exactly Luke

13. gourami88 Member Member

*whole body twitch*

14. Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

Did you at least have a python?

15. Dino Fishlore VIP Member

Yes, and it is used on the bigger tanks with no fry.

16. pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

oh the fun of water changes! lol Thats usually my saturday fun. so far it works well, but once I get more tanks up it may get split up around the week more.

17. soltarianknight Fishlore VIP Member

I just remembered my tilapia tanks :p. Try doing 800gallon water changes, scrub outs every week and filter washes every day XD

18. pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

all that work for dinner?

19. soltarianknight Fishlore VIP Member

yup. Tilis poop, A LOT. lol. We have our first fry coming up. Will be close too 250 fillets

20. pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

doing them all the same? or have a few recipes your using?