the tank has ICH still...

maryann
I followed the said protocols,change water, increase the temp.,feed with garlic,maintain the salinity...what can else I could do?

Shawnie
the temp increase was for at least 2 weeks ?

maryann
this week it will be two weeks,tomorrow I will change the water for the 2nd time.then I am still feeding them with garlic 2x a week.same temp and salinity, it is the surgeon fish that has the ICH...what should I do now, they're eating good.

Peterpiper
HI Maryann,
Marine Ich is a disease that is linked to water quality. Fish will get stressed, their imune system goes down and they get sick. Marine ich is a sign that something is wrong with the water. Sometimes ich is introduced when a new fish is placed in the tank without the quarantine required.
You tank is still cycling ( as per your other thread ).
If you have not been doing the required water changes ( as per replies in the other tread ), then ammonia etc will be in the water, and this will be affecting the treatment.
It is important to have good water and reduce the stress to the fish being treated.

sirdarksol
Like Peterpiper said, it's going to take work.
Water changes and proper nutrition are going to be your fishes' best friend for awhile. Once the tank has cycled, the fishes' systems should be capable of fighting the parasite off. A round of higher temp at that point should save them.

maryann
ok, I will still follow your suggestions..hoping it will work.

maryann
I think it is getting worse again specially my surgeon fish and coral beauty,it's body got a lot of white spots this time, but the appetite is still good....this is my 2nd time changing the water (5 gallon, then I am adding buffer and stress zyme)...

do you think if ever I will buy a cleaner shrimp that wil help them fight the ICH?the thing is I added like 2 weeks ago of Copper Safe for ICH...

what else can I do, it is frustrating...

maryann
do you think even though I added a copper safe it will be helpful to the shrimp?

diver28
once you put copper in the tank it will always be there in the substrate. I'm not sure how sensitive the shrimp will be after you do a couple of water changes. You have to get a hospital tank/QT tank for your new and sick fish. I made the mistake early of not doing it and had one sick fish wipe out an additional two by introducing ich. My Powder Blue is constantly fighting the disease. I use Marine Max to help fight it naturally instead of using harsh chemicals. Make-sure your PH doesn't swing either.

maryann
I just check the ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, they're all ok except the ph will is only 78, I added a buffer then after two days I will measure it again...the temp was 83 today then I will keep it for about 3 weeks,so far the appetite is okey, still feeding them with garlic.hopefully it will work, it was so frustrating though...

do you recommend anything new that will help?
so meaning I can't have any corals or invetebrate in my tank after the ICh treatment?

maryann
my surgeon fish and coral beauty has ICH??/wat else I can do

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
saltwater60
Replies
Views
TexasGuppy
Replies
Views
stella1979