The Swamp's Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSwampFox

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Well here it finally is guys, my blog is finally being set up. As most of you know I originally wanted to do Saltwater but decided in my best financial interests to go freshwater. I wanted to do something I've never done before so it suddenly occurred to me: I would do a planted tank! Never had seen one until going to a LFS the other weekend and I loved the look!

Onward to what I plan to keep in the tank. At first I became endeared with the Redtail Shark looking at the fish index on this website's page, but then I went to the LFS and saw the Polypterus species of fish and fell in love with them, what cool looking dudes! After researching I've decided to get two Polypterus Delhezi's to go in the tank and am still undecided as to what else to put in. But here's some pics, thanks for reading and be prepared for updates!

WHOA! This happened after I first put the sand in, my idiot self forgot to wash it!

12.jpg

I ended up fixing it nicely here though:

251.jpg

252.jpg

253.jpg

That is also my lovely Mopani wood, such a beautiful piece and there are natural hidey holes all behind it! 50 dollar price tag though :

And here it is with the plants in it, all plants were received from Harpua and I strongly recommend her to those who are looking for plants on this site. You can find her on the Buy, Sell, and Trade forum and regularly in the freshwater forum helping new guys like myself out.

254.jpg

255.jpg

256.jpg

Once again thanks for reading!

Last edited:
OP
T

TheSwampFox

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Thanks, I'm glad you like it. Some of the pictures are cell phone quality because I lost my cord to my camera, I hope to find it soon though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Weekly

Votes: 62 65.3%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 13 13.7%
  • Monthly

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 18 18.9%

Top Bottom