The SW Cleaner Crew!?!

Tankerini
For all you sw tank owners... Which Snail is king of the cleaners? and how many would I need to keep my tank and live rock sparkling? Should I stick to one type or have a mix of snails? I have a 60 gallontank, do they only feed on the green algae stuff? (I hope they don't ruin the purple/pink coralline algae stuff) I don't think so it looks pretty hard to me. I'm trying to get the perfect balance for a healthy tank!:yinyang:

Tankerini
BTW if there's anything else other than snails, crabs or other little critters. I wanna know!

agsansoo
There's really is no king snail. Some are good at eating algae, other eat detritus. While other are good at stirring up your sand bed, if you have one.

Tankerini
Ok, which ones eat algae and which ones eat detritus?

Tumbleweed
Here is a link to Live Aquaria. They have many different types of cleaners for sale and they dexcribe what each one does.

r0ss0
Seeing as your from the UK try this site Its got loads of fish on there with a nice description of everyone of them - plus equipment etc Have fun P.s its 12 quid delivery so don't order in small amounts!

Tankerini
This was great and very informative description on each species, I am almost certain that I will go Barebottom (even though I prefer the look of a sand bed). I think it will keep my tank cleaner therefore more healthy, suprised to see so many snails prefer DSB...

Homework, homework, homework!!!

Thanks again tumbleweed

Tankerini
Cheers Rosso,

Nice to find places in uk (finally quids lol no dollors)! Anymore of them?
I've had my tank for about 2yrs and have finally decided to do this Saltwater tank, I have been an internet fiend for nearly 2weeks trawling the net to get as much info as poss!

r0ss0
Cheers Rosso,

Nice to find places in uk (finally quids lol no dollors)! Anymore of them?
I've had my tank for about 2yrs and have finally decided to do this Saltwater tank, I have been an internet fiend for nearly 2weeks trawling the net to get as much info as poss!

Same here I got a Freshwater tank to and I'm looking to set up another tank going SW. That site is the only one in the UK that's - The main dealers so to speak so wherever you buy online you will be buying of those so to speak

r0ss0
Also The one I linked previously deliver quite quick. Have you heard of Maidenhead aqautics? https://www.fishkeeper.co.uk/ these offer VERY good advise on everything and have some tips on the site also an online shop but can't buy fish online sadly check if there's one in your area these two close to me (swansea) and I always head there

Tankerini
Just about to check them out, thanks for the links.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Jesterrace
Replies
Views
agsansoo
Replies
Views
Angela_96
Replies
Views