The Sleeping Chinese Algae Eater

exypo

One night I woke up at 1 am, and for some reason I felt I needed a drink of water (even though I knew this was going to wake me up again at some point). So on my way to the kitchen I passed by my main fish tank and decided to take a look. What I saw made me hold my breath… My beautiful Chinese Algae Eater (CAE) was lying on his side… motionless!

I can’t explain how sad I felt when I saw this (I know many of you understand this feeling). So I proceeded to turn the aquarium’s light on and get busy with the removal of the corpse, when suddenly… to my surprise… the CAE flipped over and swam away! Man was I happy! I even sat for about an hour or so after whipping my tears just to keep looking at him being alive! (And yes, men cry too you know, including when happy).

Nevertheless next morning I was not so happy that I didn’t get a good night sleep (and for another little inconvenient), but when the drowsiness showered away I was just happy my CAE was there so I could greet him (in my world I talk to my fish, which is ok as long as they don’t talk back... although mine do, so… never mind). Ever since that day he always does that. He just turns over and lays on his side. What can I say, my fish are strange…

By the way, if you ever have a dream where you are going to the bathroom… Don’t go… It’s a trap! …

BigManAquatics

One night I woke up at 1 am, and for some reason I felt I needed a drink of water (even though I knew this was going to wake me up again at some point). So on my way to the kitchen I passed by my main fish tank and decided to take a look. What I saw made me hold my breath… My beautiful Chinese Algae Eater (CAE) was lying on his side… motionless!

I can’t explain how sad I felt when I saw this (I know many of you understand this feeling). So I proceeded to turn the aquarium’s light on and get busy with the removal of the corpse, when suddenly… to my surprise… the CAE flipped over and swam away! Man was I happy! I even sat for about an hour or so after whipping my tears just to keep looking at him being alive! (And yes, men cry too you know, including when happy).

Nevertheless next morning I was not so happy that I didn’t get a good night sleep (and for another little inconvenient), but when the drowsiness showered away I was just happy my CAE was there so I could greet him (in my world I talk to my fish, which is ok as long as they don’t talk back... although mine do, so… never mind). Ever since that day he always does that. He just turns over and lays on his side. What can I say, my fish are strange…

By the way, if you ever have a dream where you are going to the bathroom… Don’t go… It’s a trap! …
I did this once awhile back, turned the room light on in the middle of the night and one of my bettas was "sleep swimming" or something, all i know is the light came on and he dropped like an anvil to the bottom. Must have been sleeping on a plant, got stsrtled when the light came on and instead of swimming, just dropped lol

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Nobody
Replies
Views
Mhamilton0911
Replies
Views
exypo
Replies
Views