the sex of my guppy/..pregnat?

Tamara

Valued Member
Reaction score
i can't tell if its a f/m? but also it has 2/3 black spots by where the pregnancy black spt should be
so i dont know :-\
heresa pic.-not very good though
but u can see oneofthe black spots though
2.jpg

its been active-aDEFINITE male has been chasing it a little so it seeems like thyre ring to breed but i can't tell
by the way they're DRAGONTAIL GUPPIES -ihave 3+2redtail sth. guppies+1bush nose pleco+ 4, 3monthold dalmation guppies+1albino cort catfish

any help appreciated!

leafgirl115

Valued Member
Reaction score
have a look at:

That pic is realy fusy...

Tamara

Valued Member
Reaction score
i looked alreadybut still coulnt tell+dunno if its preg. ornot... ???

Tamara

Valued Member
Reaction score
3.jpg

more helpful?
4.jpg

skippi

Valued Member
Reaction score
from those pic and coloring of your fish it looks like a male fish so prob not prego. From all the guppies that I have the females don't get color on their bodies just their tails. The only female I saw that had color was a half black and then they are just "half" black. Did you look at the pic of how to tell if your fish is female or male by their "analfin" that helps alot. you should be able to tell if the fish has a full fin or not. I will try to get a pic of one of my pregos for youto see what it looks like...

Heidi

sasha

Valued Member
Reaction score
hi your fancy guppy is definitely a male female guppies have what looks like an open fan where the males look like a closed fan sorry but thats the only way i can think of to describe them. Males also have longer slender bodies compaired to females that are usually bigger and not so brightly coloured

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom