Funny The right way to go on a vacation

esqueff

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
This is the only way to do it haha! I don’t trust anyone. I’ve known too many people who have lost all their fish due to major over feeding by a house/pet sitter while on a vacation. Anyone else feel?

Matthew7812

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
hahaha I love this, definitely doing it next time! I asked my wife to feed the betta fish while I was in the shower ... I said "just a pinch.: Little did I know a pinch could be so large. I then spent an hour scooping it all out and refilling the tank

abbytherookiehuman

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
You could also use baggies, measuring spoon or a medication dispenser. I like the dispenser more because you can seal it but you can't fit as much food. I still get nervous getting other people to take care of my stuff even with a solid essay on how to feed them lol

CMB

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I do the same thing for the same reasons. When I went on vacation last, I left one of those week pill holders with an individual container for each day prefilled with the right amount of food.

AJE

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
If I’m gone under a week I just don’t have anyone feed them

CMB

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
If I’m gone under a week I just don’t have anyone feed them
Same here, but then we took a week long vacation, and I didn't trust my tank to stay peaceful for that long without food :p

imba

Well Known Member
Reaction score
14 days or less, I just water change the day before and the tank gets no feeding until I get back.

14 days or more, then my wife will feed them once for me. I've never really loss fish after long periods away

ToasterTheBetta

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I had a pet sitter almost kill Toaster by overfeeding her. I came back to the tank all murky. Toaster looked like she was about to explode.

Ever since then if I go on a vacation that’s long enough I’ll need to feed my fish, I’ll either use an autofeeder(though for bettas trying to get the thing to drop the right amount is almost impossible) or I pay a trusted friend.

smee82

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I go back to Australia for around a month every 2 yrs and other then getting my mother in law to top up the water every week my tank doesnt get touched.
My tank always looks better after i come back compared to when i left.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom