the REAL new tank :)

1. Amanda Fishlore VIP Member

Someone on Craigslist listed that she had a 50 gal. bowfront tank/stand that she wanted to trade for a standard 20 gal. tank & stand. Well I had just taken down my 20, so I e-mailed her & after another person backing out she told me I could come get it!
    Well I made Joe drive me an hour away ;) to pick it up....I thought something was funny when I looked at it, but I didn't say anything until I got in the truck to drive home. Joe figured it out first...and I confirmed it when I got home. It's actually a 72 gallon bowfront!! I can't believe it!
    It's Joe's dream tank, so he's pretty happy too. :)
    I'm thinking Angels...the knife, maybe some other kind of cichlid?

2. Chris123 Well Known Member Member

Nice buy!

Cant wait to see pics :)

3. bubblefish Member Member

Wow, that's awesome!

4. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Honduran red points, blue acara, rainbow cichlids, you know I'm going to say more JD's;), most of the more peaceful NW cichlids would be great in that tank.

5. Amanda Fishlore VIP Member

Thanks BB, I'll start researching now! :)

6. Amanda Fishlore VIP Member

The Honduran Red Points look JUST like Convicts...I'm not sure anyone around me sells them. I'm really liking the Blue Acara...that's def. a possibility. The Rainbow cichlids are pretty too, but no one around me sells them either. :(

7. redlessi Well Known Member Member

Congrats, I recently got a 72 gallon bowfront and I love it. The possibilities are endless for a nice tank like that......

8. Amanda Fishlore VIP Member

What about Kribs? They'd do okay with Angels right?
    I was thinking of moving the Cons out of the 150 & into the 72.
    Then put some of Cesch's Jewels in the 150....
    oh the possibilities! ;)

9. gunner13 Well Known Member Member

Lucky you:) Maybe a clown knife, but it may get too big,just a thought

10. jgon_ Well Known Member Member

Wow, that's a heck of deal!!

I'm a big fan of Aequidens sp. False Green Terrors and they seem to be fairly common. Too bad they'd probably bully the angels.

11. Dolphini Member Member

Awesome!!! I got my new tank off of craigslist too, although it was the opposite of this. It was listed as a 40g but according to the measurements is more like 34g. :\ Still good though!

12. jgon_ Well Known Member Member

Hehe the same thing happened to me. I called up and they said "its like 50-60 gallons, but my brother says its over 100!!" I get there and its a 35...:;smack. Whatever it was still cheap.

Anyways, not to derail so I'm also going to suggest Festivum cichlids. :)

13. Amanda Fishlore VIP Member

100 gallons....35 gallons...sure that's an easy mistake!! ;)
    Festivums are awesome too...I'm thinking a tank of small NW cichlids is going to be it!
    I just have to find somewhere to get them...no one around me sells anything even mildly exotic.

14. jgon_ Well Known Member Member

You might have to make a trip here to Long Island. Quiet a few places have a tons of exotic cichlids.

15. Amanda Fishlore VIP Member

That's a possibility in the spring...I'll def. contact you for places to go if I end up coming down

16. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

wow awesome job!!!!! Im dieing for a bowfront tank !!

IMO I would keep the jd's out of there...IMO they prefer the horizontal space and in my 75g tank, my big boy will spiratically swim crazy to the other side and back as if to let EVERYONE know hes tank boss (or so he thinks)

but the kribs, angels, and maybe a nice school of bottom feeders sound great...even a firemouth would work ....cant wait for pics!!!!!!!!

pssssssssss CONGRATS on passing all your classes!!!!!!!!!!! great achievement ;)

17. Amanda Fishlore VIP Member

Thanks Shawnie! See you saw my facebook status, lol.
    Yeah, the more I look at the small cichlids, the more I think I'll just have JD's in the 150.
    I'm looking at Kribs, Honduran Red Points, Blue Acaras, Festivums, Rams, Keyholes to see what I'm really interested in.
    But the Angels are a MUST.

18. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

AQUABID-Exotic fish, reasonable pricing.

I'm going to PM you with the person I got my HRP's from.

19. Amanda Fishlore VIP Member

I got your PM, thanks!
    I'm on aquabid now, but there's not that many cichlids up. I'm sure there will be more in the spring

20. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

ya I did...been a few crazy days here but wanted to congratulate you!! I agree angels would be rocking in that tank ;)