The perfect Cory tank build?

jaybrew

Hey everyone,
I'm about to take in 2 bandit and 2 pygmy corys from a friend who sort of failed at aquarium keeping. I don't want to add them to my own tank so I was thinking I might build a cory specific tank with the idea that once these orphans are settled and through quarantine that I'll fill out their schools with some more bandits and pygmies. I know they like different temperatures so I was thinking of just letting the bandits be a bit warm.

So, my question is what do folks think of as the perfect cory build? I'm starting from scratch so it could go in any direction. Anyone have some ideas? Thanks!

V1K

I'm no expert and might be repeating what you've already read elsewhere, but this thread had no responses for a whole day, so whatever :D. First of all, for a bottom fish you obviously should go for long tank instead of tall. You need smooth and small substrate, like sand or fine gravel. You need quite a lot of open space, so don't go overboard with plants, maybe plant the perimeter and leave the middle open. Another good option for planting that doesn't use up the open bottom would be floating plants, just don't let them fully cover the surface, as cories like to come up for air. Cories do like some hiding spots, so some driftwood or rocks would be nice. They're not territorial, so you don't need to scatter the hiding spots, they can all be in one area, leaving the rest of the bottom open.

I now realize I might be confusing the terms built and setup, because most of the time people speak about builts it's the boring stuff like equipment and dimentions and math :D

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
AquaticQueen
Replies
Views
DoubleDutch
Replies
Views
longneckloach
Replies