The Panda Garra - Page 3

RogueAgent94

I think he needs a visit to the Vet's ;D

DO NOT! Now look who's being mean.
I hope he is doing well and that it is nothing serious. Anxiously awaiting results for the little trooper.

I am by no means little! Better be careful, I'll have AkarI beat you up ;D

Akari_32

DO NOT! Now look who's being mean.

I am by no means little! Better be careful, I'll have AkarI beat you up ;D

Hey, you give it, you get it ;D

He wasn't talking about *you* genius!

RogueAgent94

>.< I'm going to bed.....

Akari_32

Maybe you should, before you hurt yourself XD

pirahnah3

lol he prob will anyways haha

RogueAgent94

Hey! I managed not to run over myself with a tractor, thank you very much! Although I was pulled over by a cop..... weird guy. I was mowing the lawn at the time and he called me over. So I walked over and his brilliant opening line is "Hey there son. Whatcha doin'?" *facepalm* Midwest cops scare me sometimes.

pirahnah3

"making crop circles"

Akari_32

Oh, so I never posted the results I got back from the water test LOL

It was all 0's. Holy Guppy Grass! LOL

Anyways, I moved him over the 5.5 gallon. He's much happier now

QQQUUUUAADDD

What plant is he resting on?

Akari_32

A Dwarf Lily

RogueAgent94

NOW aren't you glad I sent you so much!?

Akari_32

NOW aren't you glad I sent you so much!?

Only a little That was 2 days of no water change, and no Prime, just AquaSafe lol I bet if I tested it again, it's still be the same XD

pirahnah3

aren't plants wonderful!!! I love mine.

He looks happy and healthy maybe he was just looking at the better tank and was convincing you to put him there

Akari_32

"But moooooom! I wunna play on the *big kid* play ground! D="

Donnerjay

There's something about his eyes...he just looks so intelligent!

soltarianknight

garra are one of the smarter fish. At least from what I hear. They get put up there with gourami and betta.

Akari_32

Update 4/30/12

The little guy seems to have grown a bit! He also really likes the algae growing on the out put of the filter lol He's got it cleaned up pretty well! His colors are great, and the red in his tail is very noticable. If he ever sat still, I'd get pics for you guys, but he's a hyper little thing, so that's not gunna happen any time soon LOL

pirahnah3

glad to hear he is doing well and coloring up more.

stashattack

Update 4/30/12

The little guy seems to have grown a bit! He also really likes the algae growing on the out put of the filter lol He's got it cleaned up pretty well! His colors are great, and the red in his tail is very noticable. If he ever sat still, I'd get pics for you guys, but he's a hyper little thing, so that's not gunna happen any time soon LOL

I can't remember if this has been posted somewhere on the thread, but how big will he get?

Akari_32

About 3 or 4 inches.

psalm18.2

Never heard of a garra before. What kind of fish is it?

soltarianknight

similar to a loach imo, they are cyprinades of course.

Akari_32

They're like a loach and a sucker fish had a baby ;D They don't have sucker mouths, but they are very strong, and U shaped, so they can suck on to stuff.

psalm18.2

Just googled them, thanks.

pirahnah3

Saw some Garras at a local store today, they were getting big! at least 3-4 inches each. Very nice dark colors on them. Just had to share as I thought of this thread when I saw them. Was going to buy some but not at $22 each! Yikes!

Akari_32

Wowzers! I like to buy my fish small and grow them up, it's funner that way!

Abalisa

You guys are like moving back home with all my brothers or something. Adorable fish, his face is so cute!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

pirahnah3

Wowzers! I like to buy my fish small and grow them up, it's funner that way!

Oh I agree, was just kinda funny that I had never seen them before and now you had one and a local store had a bunch lol.

I do agree, it is so much fun to watch my tiny little pleco grow up.

Akari_32

Update 5/8/12

More growth is to be seen in the little guy, as well as great colors. He's in a 15 gallon section of a 20 long with a male King betta, 6 Endlers, 1 Clown Pleco, and 3 ADFs (and a Mystery Snail). The Pleco is afraid of him, and won't go near him, and everyone else could care less about him lol

Just thought I'd pop in and let you guys know how my little dude is doing.

He's really great to have around, eats well, is absolutely fearless, and his favorite past time is nibbling on the snails shells. He pigged out on blood worms like two days ago, and still has the tummy to prove it LOL He's so feisty, I love it!!

Pics as soon as I can, I promise!

ZeeZ

Glad to hear he's doing well!

Has he exfoliated your feet yet?

Akari_32

Thanks =D

Ewwww no!

pirahnah3

lol what you don't pull him out and let him do a little house work as well?

Akari_32

If fish could clean the house, the world would be doomed XD

Found this video, posted by Segrest Farms on FaceBook. I'm on my iPhone so I hope this link works. If not, I'll be back on the computer in a day or so hopefully.

ZeeZ

I like that Garra's colors.

Hopefully these fish will become more popular in the fish scene.

Akari_32

They certainly seem to be! I saw a huge one while I was on vacation. 25 bucks! I was like screw that ! I'll take my $3 baby! I have a list of critters that I need/want to get, and a couple more garras is at the top, followed by some nerite snails. Oh, and winning the lottery.

pirahnah3

LOL I think we all need to win the lottery

Akari_32

Update 7/27/12

Despite lots of food and space, the little guys not grown very much, but always has a fat, full tummy, and the red on his tail is coming through really well. I think he's only grow less than a centimeter since I got him. He was in a 20 long, and is now, for a week or so, in an algae infested 10 gallon ( which he's got almost clean after just a couple days). As soon as its ready, he'll be going into a 65 gallon pond with buddies and least killies.

Update 9/27

He's been in my new-ish 20 extra tall (foot print of a 10 gallon), and has been getting lots of algea, NLS wafers, and homemade gel fish food. Since I've gotten him, he seems to have grown about a 1/2 inch. Here's a blurry pic of him from just now, next to my thumb

Tigress Hill

It is true then... you do have odd fingers

Good to hear he is doing well!

Akari_32

Why do I have odd fingers? D= lol

Yep! He's doing great! He chases everyone away from his food lol

RogueAgent94

I dunno if that's a thumb or not ;D

Akari_32

It is so a thumb!!!

MattyBlanco

I have a Panda Garra as well, he's pretty small but has grown quite a lot since I got him. He was a straggler when I bought my Cory's so it was a nice surprise.

Also, on a side note, I have the exact same plants floating at the top of my tank! They all had a bunch of babies and then the mother plants died (which I think is normal) and now about half of the top of the water is full of these baby plants!

Akari_32

They are really slow growers aren't they? Explains the price tag of big ones LOL 24 bucks my butt!

That's salavinia. Bigger, darker, and hairier than duckweed lol

MattyBlanco

Lol. I'm not sure. My LFS ordered LOADS of them in and they were tiny and about 2-3 weeks later they still had a lot left and I ended up getting one with my cory's accidentally but since I brought him home last Friday he's quite a bit bigger than what he was when I got him, though he is still small. I feed him a mix of flakes and frozen bloodworms. He's too small to eat the shrimp pellets lol.

Akari_32

It seems to me the smaller they are, the faster they grow. My little dude grew noticeably the first couple weeks I had him, but now he's growing slow and steady.

midnamoondog

Very interesting! Thanks for posting that informative video!

Akari_32

Sure thing!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
DoubleDutch
Replies
Views
eusadnama
Replies
Views
junebug