The pain of being a perfectionist...

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by shrimp, Dec 1, 2012.

1. shrimpValued MemberMember

I can not decide on a final setup for my 10 gallon shell dweller cichlid. I really want to have one with some rocks, a few plants, and of course some shells and sand for them. But mo matter how many pictures I see I cant find any that i fully like/can find the decorations for. Could you guys maybe help me out and post some pictures of your cichlid set ups to gave me some ideas? Thank you so much!

2. ZiggiWell Known MemberMember

Honestly, I let my shellies decorate on their own. Every day something looks different. Fortunately, they haven't touched the anubias thank goodness! And while I wanted a rock structure, I haven't found the right sized stone yet, but here's the thread with my pics (cant find them on my comp anyways!) all fish have been moved

I saw a thread where the person used a cardboard box as a mock tank, and built/glued his rock structure together that way. It was really nice, maybe try that?
    What shellie were you considering?

3. AtomskValued MemberMember

For my Neolamprologus Multifasciatus aquarium, I did a basic 3 inch pool filter sand bed with Texas holey rock and with 50 silver mouth turbo snail shells. I think they enjoy their home because I've had 3 batches of fry so far.

4. AquaristFishlore LegendMember

5. shrimpValued MemberMember

This is what mine looks like now:

20121202_084211 (1).jpg

Im interested in adding some wood like decoration on the left for the shrimp to hang out on and then a few plants by it and on the right. Also moving the rocks to the right and having all the shells in the middle, front area.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice