The outdoor season has begun overhere...

emeraldking

This past weekend the first livebearer groups went outside in the outdoor tubs in my backyard. And today I've set up my pool. It will be used as a pond for other livebearers. Like every year since the mid 1980's that I'm keeping aquarium fish outdoors during the better months of the year.

279856431_1684906918527060_4653566674235233258_n.jpg
This pool is 3m x 2m 0,66m. But I won't fill it to the top to minimalize the risk that they will jump out. But thusfar, I've never had fish jumping out of the outdoor tubs.

Blacksheep1

Great idea to use the pool. What are the high and low temps you get ? Do you add any plants to them ?

emeraldking

Great idea to use the pool. What are the high and low temps you get ? Do you add any plants to them ?
Today it was 24°C at day and at night we'll have 18°C at the moment. I'll buy some pond plants this week.

Blacksheep1

I’ll follow along with interest :)

ruud

at night we'll have 18°C at the moment

You must live in the tropical part of The Netherlands.

emeraldking

You must live in the tropical part of The Netherlands.
I live in the eastern part, Ruud. Yes, we had a really great day yesterday. I know there have been parts of the country that had less. Today it's cloudy, but still nice when it comes to temperature.
So, which part do you live then? Obviously, you didn't have the circumstances that we had.

ruud

Very close to Arnhem. But the evenings I find a bit chilly.
I do have salamanders, frogs and toads in/around my ponds. No fish allowed!
But enough about me; will be watching this thread with interest.

DoubleDutch

Temp in the west is 11C tonight.

emeraldking

Very close to Arnhem. But the evenings I find a bit chilly.
I do have salamanders, frogs and toads in/around my ponds. No fish allowed!
But enough about me; will be watching this thread with interest.
I used to live in Arnhem for a while. My sister still lives there. And yes, the temperatures we have right now are a bit batter then you guys have.
Today, I'm in my shorts and t-shirt the whole day. I've been to the hospital today, Did some shopping at a nursery. Needed more pond plants. And I've been busy in the backyard. It was really comfortable with today's temperatures and sunshine.
Temp in the west is 11C tonight.
We'll have a more mild temperature tonight.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
qldmick
Replies
Views
emeraldking
Replies
Views
Oriongal

Random Great Thread!

New Pond Threads