Votes: 21 39.6%
  • Egg

Votes: 19 35.8%
  • The world will never know

Votes: 13 24.5%

• Total voters
RainBetta
IMO it was one of these 3 options:

1) Single-celled organisms combined and evolved into chickens over thousands and thousands of years.

2) It was obviously a pregnant female chicken. It laid the egg and raised it. Think about it! If it were the egg first, then the baby chicken wouldn't have survived. Eggs need a mother to keep them warm and feed them! It was the chicken first.

3) What is life anyway? What's the point of life? Chicken? Egg? Life is a mysterious wonder that is really a journey to learn about purpose and peace internally

SpaceKitten
Humans first to be the survants of cats who came Second after a home was set up. Then chickens( to feed the cats)

RainBetta
Humans first to be the survants of cats who came Second after a home was set up. Then chickens( to feed the cats)
Confused

SpaceKitten
1. Humans ( to make a comfortable life for the cats)
2. Cats (to live a comfortable life)
3. Chikens (to feed the cats)

MEOW

GuppyGirl3
Actually, Chickens are statistically the 10th easiest recognized farm animal by toddlers, cows being the 1st, so actually cows came before the chicken and the egg.

Although, hens are easier recognized by toddlers that roosters, so a female chicken came first. RainBetta you are onto something. Hens came before roosters, but if this is true, then how we're the hens able to lay eggs?

RainBetta
1. Humans ( to make a comfortable life for the cats)
2. Cats (to live a comfortable life)
3. Chikens (to feed the cats)

MEOW
Ohhhh! Makes more sense now

SpaceKitten
Thanks

CATS RULE

(And you know it AJE )

Anders247
It would make more sense, if the chicken was first. And both sexes at the same time.

smee82
Eggs are older then chickens therefore eggs came before chickens. If you look at it logically it really is a foolish question and easy to answer.

goldface
Chicken came first. The first ones were molded out of clay and given the breath of life by a higher power.

Rtessy
So, chicken and egg...
If you believe in evolution, the egg came first. Over time, small genetic changes eventually resulted in the chicken, and the egg had enough genetic differences from the parents to be considered a chicken, instead of the chicken's ancestor.
If you believe in another form of species appearing, the answer may be the chicken, though it depends on the type of thought

AJE
I think chickens and roosters came at the same time
Thanks

CATS RULE

(And you know it AJE )

Yes cats are ruthless rulers, which is why I call for a revolt over these evil overlords. Here are the measures me need to take 1. Cover your windows with plastic(Incase these monsters use biological weapons) 2. Provide your own food(chickens are a good option) 3. Don’t pay taxes, it’s probably a cat controlling the head of the IRS(a cat) trying to get funds to start a Fury Fighting Force. And lastly 4. Trust in the FORCE

DoubleDutch
Allways thought they originated from mobile homes (sponsored by KFC)
14502447b9aee64904a3e47aa1b297fb.jpg

Discus-Tang
If you mean a chicken egg and not just any egg cell, then the egg came first. The first "chicken" as we know them was the offspring of two chicken-like birds, who made the first chicken. Basically what Rtessy said. But how can one not believe in evolution? That means you don't believe in goldfish.

r5n8xaw00
It is not really the question of which came first, the chicken or the egg, or what role cats play in any of this.
The real question is, why are they here.....

My answer to that question, is that cats came from outer space bringing chickens with them to give humans something to talk about.......

Of course I could tell you the story my Mommy told me when I was little....

She told by that a while back, there was a bunch of protein molecules floating around in the ocean. A bunch of these got together and incorporated into a business, investing in protoplasmic goo.
These industrious proteins figured out that they could build anything they wanted out of the goo. As time went on and after years of board meetings with their investor proteins, they decided to build a chicken and an egg..... you can see where this is going...

Well as again time passed, the proteins for tax purposes, decided to start subsidiary companies. And as time again passed, (doesn't it always), one of the subsidiary companies did an employee buy out. This new company of proteins invested in even more protoplasmic goo and decided to make human beings.

Well the once parent company of the old, but now new company, realized that making human beings was going to be hard to top. Being worried that the new company of proteins with their new invention could take over the world, they decided to counter sue by making cats. Thus by making it these creatures soft and cuddly the cats will render human beings into saps.

Well that is the story my Mommy told me.....ummy:

SpaceKitten
It is not really the question of which came first, the chicken or the egg, or what role cats play in any of this.
The real question is, why are they here.....

My answer to that question, is that cats came from outer space bringing chickens with them to give humans something to talk about.......
No! Cats came so humans can lead a better life and cats like to eat chickens.

Of course I could tell you the story my Mommy told me when I was little....

She told by that a while back, there was a bunch of protein molecules floating around in the ocean. A bunch of these got together and incorporated into a business, investing in protoplasmic goo.
These industrious proteins figured out that they could build anything they wanted out of the goo. As time went on and after years of board meetings with their investor proteins, they decided to build a chicken and an egg..... you can see where this is going...

Well as again time passed, the proteins for tax purposes, decided to start subsidiary companies. And as time again passed, (doesn't it always), one of the subsidiary companies did an employee buy out. This new company of proteins invested in even more protoplasmic goo and decided to make human beings.

Well the once parent company of the old, but now new company, realized that making human beings was going to be hard to top. Being worried that the new company of proteins with their new invention could take over the world, they decided to counter sue by making cats. Thus by making it these creatures soft and cuddly the cats will render human beings into saps.

Well that is the story my Mommy told me.....ummy:
I want your mom

Ok... that came out weird

But I want her stories in my life!

RainBetta
Cats came down as gods, and planted their enemy's eggs in humans' stomachs, so when they burst out, the cats could hunt them for fun...

chromedome52
I worry about the youth of this generation. ldman:

HORNET1
The scientific approach to an age-old question.

r5n8xaw00
The scientific approach to an age-old question.
wheeeuuu,wheeeuu...I am so glad the argument is over, it was staring to give me a headache and elevated blood pressure from worrying about this burning question.
But it still begs the question that still goes unanswered, "Why did the chicken cross the road?".........
We need another scientific answer to that question, but anyway thanks Hornet for all your help, we owe you one.....Here is your prize you won the

oOBlueOo
So what came before the chicken? Science is now saying that chickens are theropod dinosaurs (think T-Rex). So in other words, I used to have pet dinosaurs???

TheeLadyG
So what came before the chicken? Science is now saying that chickens are theropod dinosaurs (think T-Rex). So in other words, I used to have pet dinosaurs???
Man, if you have any kind of bird you raise or have as a pet, the similarities start to seem pretty obvious. I love to watch my birds play all over the house and wonder at the things dinosaurs did... flock-calls and display dances and exploring their world with intelligence and curiosity ♡

oOBlueOo
Man, if you have any kind of bird you raise or have as a pet, the similarities start to seem pretty obvious. I love to watch my birds play all over the house and wonder at the things dinosaurs did... flock-calls and display dances and exploring their world with intelligence and curiosity ♡

I miss my chickens. Roro, Tweety, and Little Red were my favorites. I'd usually find them sitting in the nesting box with Twister the cat.

Smalltownfishfriend
If you mean a chicken egg and not just any egg cell, then the egg came first. The first "chicken" as we know them was the offspring of two chicken-like birds, who made the first chicken. Basically what Rtessy said. But how can one not believe in evolution? That means you don't believe in goldfish.
It's very simple.. I don't believe in evolution at all!!!

rainbowsprinkles
Evolution just means changes in genetics over time. Like antibiotic resistant bacteria from our over use of medication. I hope everyone believes in that. I see no conflict believing in a higher power and also understanding that our dna is inherited and that some gene combos lead to better survival or more offspring. The answer is certainly an egg.

RainBetta
For what purpose did the Gallus gallus domesticus traverse the asphalt highway?

If you can answer this I'll buy you a free chick-fil-a lunch

AJE
wheeeuuu,wheeeuu...I am so glad the argument is over, it was staring to give me a headache and elevated blood pressure from worrying about this burning question.
But it still begs the question that still goes unanswered, "Why did the chicken cross the road?".........
We need another scientific answer to that question, but anyway thanks Hornet for all your help, we owe you one.....Here is your prize you won the

I would love to live in a world where a chicken can cross a road without having her motives questioned

r5n8xaw00
When it comes to the question of how we got here, was it evolution or by divine intervention. I believe people on both sides of the argument that have a closed mind either way may have problems of self induced delusions.

However it is always a good thing to have healthy skepticism, leading into discussions that may bring on more thoughtful conversions, teaching us more about ourselves.

If a person stands on a beach looking both ways at grains of sand that run for miles in both directions, where each grain of sand is placed in an certain order. It is not hard to understand that from the time the Universe was created up to the time I set here and type this. If even one grain of sand was misaligned I would not even be here, then one must consider the possibility of both sides of the argument equals me as I am today.

Many problems of today are not here to be easily solved by the divine, instead or here to teach us the tools needed to solve the problems of tomorrow.

Anyway I gotta run and go catch my favorite rooster Teddy, he go out of his pen again and I have to catch him before he tries to cross the road.......

r5n8xaw00
For what purpose did the Gallus gallus domesticus traverse the asphalt highway?

If you can answer this I'll buy you a free chick-fil-a lunch

The answer is because he wanted to eat the farmer's zea mays growing in the field......

hehehe..... the information super highway, gotta luv it.........

Now hows about it, I believe you owe me a chicken sandwich.....

r5n8xaw00
I would love to live in a world where a chicken can cross a road without having her motives questioned
A chicken as the same motives you and I do, to eat and have sex......so where is the question......

RainBetta
The answer is because he wanted to eat the farmer's zea mays growing in the field......

hehehe..... the information super highway, gotta luv it.........

Now hows about it, I believe you owe me a chicken sandwich.....
Hmmm I'll think about it... Chick-Fil-A lunches are no joking matters

r5n8xaw00
Hmmm I'll think about it... Chick-Fil-A lunches are no joking matters
Whose joking......I'm hungry....All this thinking is working up an appetite....

Kalyke
It was Dinosaurs before the chickens. The dinosaurs had eggs too. Some "chicken-like" dinosaur just one day started to make a living by scratching and pecking. Thousands of years later, it eventually transitioned into a Terror bird. Then the ice ages came and only the tiniest terror birds survived. These became "jungle fowl." And they were found, caught, and given the stamp of "delicious." They survived because less delicious birds went extinct because they were too mean to be kept in hutches. In other parts of the world, Duck terror birds survived, and were given the stamp of "delicious." (Look back and the fossil record shows duck like proto-birds and chicken like proto-birds). Also if you look at Jungle Fowl, they are skinny and have very little meat on them, but they are chickens. The chickens of today are artificially given steroids and also artificially "big."

oOBlueOo
Whose joking......I'm hungry....All this thinking is working up an appetite....

Me too. I'm at work for another 2 hours and I desperately need actual food instead of those little easy mac microwavable cups. All this food talk makes me want chicken and potatoes and stuffing

RainBetta
I LOVE POTATOES

Cheesearmada
Only people with 1000 IQ will understand this thread.

Discus-Tang
Here's a lesson in biology:

Goldfish evolved from crucian carp through artificial selection

Bettas evolved from bettas through artificial selection

Primates evolved into various things depending on their environment (i.e Europe: Neanderthals)

Evolution is simply adaptability to your environment. You can still believe in God and evolution. I mean, Eve was dumb enough to pick the fruit off the tree, she and Adam were probably apes

RainBetta
Well Discus-Tang you are correct, except for the fact that I evolved from CATS. Meow, hiss

r5n8xaw00
just as I thought this thread could not get any weirder....

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Fishyfishyfishman
  • jinjerJOSH22
  • Gourami
Replies
Views
MacZ
Replies
Views
Lucy