the orange shrimp tank

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Tank Photos' started by featherblue, Dec 12, 2012.

1. f

featherblue Well Known Member Member

So after a temp tank malfunction my orange neos got upgraded to a real 10g all to themselves. Hopefully the babies I helped hatch will survive and help populate the tank

Here's a tank shot
    101850-tank-shot.JPG

And a few of the inhabitants
    101849-one-girls-red.JPG 101848-playing-moss.JPG 101851-hiding-under-driftwood.JPG

2. monkeypie102

monkeypie102 Well Known Member Member

I love how you feed in a oyster shell, I should steal that idea ;). You tank looks wonderful and will look 100x better when the moss wall grows out!

3. OP
    OP
    f

featherblue Well Known Member Member

Small shell per lb Malaysian hard wood = no ph change in my smaller tanks. And my shrimp like to play inntheir food, helps contain the mess where they'll still eat it.

I'm going to have to keep stitching the moss down doing it this way, to get it full, but I get moss to look at sooner

4. monkeypie102

monkeypie102 Well Known Member Member

That's pretty smart using the shell wood ratio :) double duty with food as well! Mine are mini cave the otos and cories like to dig out from time to time...

5. AmazonPassion

AmazonPassion Moderator Moderator Member

Awesome upgrade.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice