The new Prime or the old Prime?

1. Junne Fishlore Legend Member

Bottle that is.....

If you saw these in the store and had never used/seen them before, which one would you choose?

DSC_1042_1 - Copy.jpg

I prefer the old bottle ( right ) and looked all over the store passing it up a few times ( the new bottle ) because I didn't "recognize" it..... The price even went up a few cents too :mad:

2. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

I'd go for the old bottle, it always concerns me when they change packaging that they might have also changed the formulation of the product too, they probably haven't but I always have to check

3. ryanr Moderator Moderator Member

We've had the new packaging on Seachem products for a while now.... I did the same thing as you at first :giggle: Completely did not recognise the bottle as Seachem.

Nothing to worry about really - Seachem have gone through a brand re-imaging. Most all of their products now have new labels.

4. smee82 Well Known Member Member

The new bottle reminds me of a dodgy Chinese brand bottle that i tried ages ago and ended up killing all my fish and even a complete tear down and clean couldn't get my tank fish safe.

5. Fishy Friends Well Known Member Member

Lol....I ordered a 2L / 67.6 oz bottle through Amazon & was surprised the packaging had changed. I thought it was an older label not new - I believe I would have passed it over in a store just like you did Junne☺

6. Adam55 Well Known Member Member

I didn't even know they had a new bottle. I've only ever seen the one on the right.

7. shuwae Member Member

I like the old. When I received one I ordered from Amazon, I thought they sent me a wrong one as Prime is the only Seachem product I use. I had to double check and make sure it was the real Prime.

8. Junne Fishlore Legend Member

It seemed like such a drastic change... Just as long as the contents are the same and not watered down or anything. I haven't opened it.... Maybe they found a way to get rid of the awful "rotten egg" smell.....;:barf

9. Slug Well Known Member Member

Change is hard for some.....

I like the new bottle. Sleek design. Looks a bit more professional and not like a 5 year old did it in photoshop like the old bottle IMO.

10. Marie1 Well Known Member Member

Thanks for posting the pic. Like many, I would have probably looked right at it on the shelf and not known what it was :p
    I usually buy mine online by the gallon. I can't find gallon jugs sold locally.

11. Junne Fishlore Legend Member

I am a graphics designer graduate ( well okay I graduated in 1995 but STILL! ) lol I can still do photoshop and you gave me a great idea! I will design one.... well if time permits and see what I can come up with....