The most unbelievable fail

the peacock gudgeon

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Saw the biggest fail at pets mart today, they were selling a baby plec that was black with white spots as a bristle nose plec, they even had some that were long and yellow camouflage color. woulda gotten the black pleco if it wouldnt make my tank crowded.

Any way none of those fish were bristle nose plecos and if anyone lives in ohio it was the petsmart in fairborn by the fair field mall.

If you live in that area i would hurry because i dont think i am the only one who will spot this flaw.

the peacock gudgeon

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
7.99 I even told one of them that there were no lables for any of them exept the bristle nose and she just told me it was a bristle nose.

Plecomaker

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Dang i wish i could get there.
i spotted a mistakes at our the other day. selling opalines amd pearl gs as dwarf gourami. Theyre not especially careful.
maybe we should just look for these error more often.

Vyvid

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Danjamesdixon said:
PetSmart - Experts in pet care

Still, at least now they're actually losing money over it.
I promise they are not. Their supplier maybe. But I'm sure petsmart wouldn't pay for a more expensive species then sell it cheap. They get wrong species and just sell them as what they were shipped as

Are they Starlight Bristlenose?

the peacock gudgeon

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Vyvid said:
I promise they are not. Their supplier maybe. But I'm sure petsmart wouldn't pay for a more expensive species then sell it cheap. They get wrong species and just sell them as what they were shipped as

Are they Starlight Bristlenose?
idk what they were but they did not belong in that tank, it was black with white spots and a side ways white stripe at the end of the tail.

Plecomaker

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Experts, heck no, lol.
ive literally made money off of their mistakes.
I once bought a hob from them at a discounted price and returned for a full price refund out of disatisfaction at the end ofteh week.
think about that. Bought at half price....returned for full price...
stunning.

the peacock gudgeon said:
idk what they were but they did not belong in that tank, it was black with white spots and a side ways white stripe at the end of the tail.
Starlight for sure, its sold here for around 80-90 bucks.

Bluestreakfl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
BN plecs dont get their bristles necessarily sometimes until theyre around 2-3" and usually its mostly the males. Babies might look like plain ol plecos until they get bigger.

dinwood

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
This is funny. I actually work at a different PetSmart and the Fairborn store is considered the black sheep of our district. It's painful every time I walk into their fish department *cringe*.

dinwood

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Although I do have to say, not correcting them on the price of the HOB is kinda shady and has a negative impact on the employees (they lose money, we lose hours).

Plecomaker

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
dinwood said:
Although I do have to say, not correcting them on the price of the HOB is kinda shady and has a negative impact on the employees (they lose money, we lose hours).
lol, i did correct them!
I couldnt get them to understand. Not my fault.

Plecomaker

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Its probably bad even by petsmart standards. Its a mini petsmart?
they only sell supplies and fish, so its like half the size of alot of other petsmarts.
no aquarium supplies for tanks bigg then 40 gallons.

IKnowNothing

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Plecomaker said:
Experts, heck no, lol.
ive literally made money off of their mistakes.
I once bought a hob from them at a discounted price and returned for a full price refund out of disatisfaction at the end ofteh week.
think about that. Bought at half price....returned for full price...
stunning.
Wait, how did they not catch that? It's clearly marked on the receipt. I'm a cashier, I would know. Although as a cashier I also know they might have seen it and gone "eh" who cares, it was probably broken. They make money off practically everything even if marked down.

Plecomaker

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I do not know how they didnt. It was legit not working. It was angling the water almost out of the tank. Not good.

aHumanBeing

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I doubt they lost money, as it's been pointed out it's probably just the distributor. I've talked to some petstores regarding fish like common goldfish, feeders and what not. They often just get a giant bag full of fish which can include some fancy varieties and other odd ball fish. The fish probably came in a bulk shipment of plecos or other fish and nobody probably cares. It's not gonna hurt anyone and the employees likely don't care. Besides allot of employees just want to see the fish go to a good home.

I got a Ranchu from a feeder tank for $0.14 and I pointed it out to them. I even pointed out that he will go in a tank with two fish that I paid over $100 each for. They said it came in on a bulk shipment of feeder fish. As long as you try it really doesn't matter

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom