The most Random interview ever..........

StarGirl

So I had this idea of the most random interview ever...I'll ask whomever I choose whatever question. If you want to pass/ pass...

So the first question goes to kallililly1973 What types of plants do you have in your tanks?

kallililly1973

StarGirl15
Bacopa, Anacharis, java fern, anubis, java moss, guppy grass, some type of floating plant? frogbit perhaps? Pothos ( hanging off the rims of all my tanks ) and a couple varieties of reddish plants that i have no idea their names.... Do i ask the next question or? oh wait nevermind i shoulda read the entire post you lost me at plants in my tanks .. next question. Good thread idea. Lookin forward to seeing the Q&A's
Edit... Amazon swords

AcornTheBetta

Lol

StarGirl

Next question scarface what do you think are the easiest fish to breed?

goldface

StarGirl15 said:
Next question scarface what do you think are the easiest fish to breed?
I'd say any of the common livebearers? Honestly, I haven't intentionally bred any fish, but I've had white cloud mountain minnows breed in a cycling tank, within a week of getting them. Just one day, I had a bunch of fry. Surprisingly the adults didn't cannibalize their own fry, and the fry were doing quite well with ammonia and nitrites in the tank. Not only that, they were growing--fast.

StarGirl

Next question Basil what types of filters do you run on your tanks?

david1978

Ok i had to comment. Now I hope i get alerts so i can follow along.

AcornTheBetta

david1978 said:
Lol same

flyinGourami

david1978 said:
You know this(and if you don't you do now) but there is a watch button at the top.

david1978

bgntoc said:
You know this(and if you don't you do now) but there is a watch button at the top.
I know. But commenting was way more fun.

AcornTheBetta

Yeah I agree with david1978

Basil

StarGirl

Next question david1978 what is your favorite fish community?

CaptainAquatics

Commenting to follow along, also StarGirl15 in your last post asking david1978 what his favorite fish community was, so you mean his favorite community fish or is my brain broken and missing something?

StarGirl

Next question CoryFan what is your favorite youtube fish personality?

CoryBoi

StarGirl15 said:
Next question CoryFan what is your favorite youtube fish personality?
I like Cory from aquarium coop he’s very knowledgeable and he owns a store, many people are like “oh they own a store they just want to sell fish not educate correctly” but he’s different. I like to follow his breeding tubs and fish room/store tours.
and then I do keep up with the king of diy a little, basically just to live vicariously thru him, because I could never have any of those giant tanks he has. But his info sometimes is not the greatest.

StarGirl

Next question Coradee What do you have to fix most on threads on FL?

david1978

StarGirl15 said:
My back to back posts I bet.

Coradee

StarGirl15 said:
oh my, where do I start? The two things that keep us busiest I would guess would be moving threads to the right boards & merging David’s members back to back posts

StarGirl

Next question FinalFins What did you have in your first tank, and do you have a photo?

kallililly1973

I gotta say this is a pretty clever thread... hope it don’t get hi jacked

StarGirl

kallililly1973 said:
I gotta say this is a pretty clever thread... hope it don’t get hi jacked
Why you have plans?

FinalFins

StarGirl15

My answer on that varies

My family has been involved in aquatic life for a long time (breeding fish blah blah blah, arowanas in 55s,), so the first tank I remember helping out on would be probably the 75g which is not in use, it had a wide assortment of fish (tiger barbs?) but the one that was memorable would be the blood parrot in it, I remember it ate all the food and never let anyone else get any

Now, my first 'tank' I owned myself would be this puny container that housed one cherry barb with driftwood from a 20g that was torn down after our family neglected it (I really wish I kept it in service but I didn't understand the premise of fishkeeping) and I eventually upgraded him (her?) to a 1.8g that it shared with tiger barbs and one neon tetra (which was upgraded to a 5g)

I don't have pics of the tank back then but I have pics of the puny container !

Sorry if I am rambling, once one experience comes out the rest of the beans comes flooding out

Measures about 7x4x4

Beautiful, ya know?
It leaks now

kallililly1973

StarGirl

Next question Dunk2 and sulucanaC Do you like cheesecake?

Dunk2 What are the foods that you feed your fish?

sulucanaC How many tanks do you own? Are you ready for May 1 ?

Dunk2

StarGirl15 said:

sulucanaC How many tanks do you own?
I‘m not gonna lie, I was a bit nervous when I saw the notification that @Stargirl mentioned me in a post!

Fish foods. . . Bloodworms, shrimp pellets, freeze dried shrimp, Bug Bites, New Life Spectrum pellets and of course the standard flakes.

And yes, I’m fond of cheesecake. Since you asked. . .

StarGirl15 said:

When are you gonna ask the tannin questions?

kallililly1973

StarGirl

Next question jinjerJOSH22 Who (or where) do you go to for figuring out whats wrong with a fish?

jinjerJOSH22

StarGirl15 said:
Next question jinjerJOSH22 Who (or where) do you go to for figuring out whats wrong with a fish?
When I have issues I usually rely on PascalKrypt. Other than her I scan whatever threads I can find that seem relevant and ask my Dog, he’s usually good for information.

Enjoying this thread btw

StarGirl

Next question mattgirl What have you changed your mind about cycling since you have been helping out keepers with cycling?

mattgirl

StarGirl15 said:
Next question mattgirl What have you changed your mind about cycling since you have been helping out keepers with cycling?
Let me think about this one. Not so much changed my mind but what I have learned.

I have learned that fishless cycling is a thing. I had never done nor heard about doing it that way before joining this forum.

I have learned that some folks can speed up the cycling process by using some of the various bottled bacteria's but just as many folks still go through the 6 week or more process even though they add it. Bottled bacteria is another thing I'd not heard of until I joined this forum.

I have learned that adding bottled bacteria can give us some unexpected readings whereas if not adding it we can pretty much know what to expect and when to expect it.

I have learned that I LOVE hearing success stories after I have tried to help someone complete their cycle.

Cycling a tank is a pretty simple straight forward event. I can't say that I have changed my mind about much of anything when it comes to cycling a tank. Do A (add an ammonia source), B (watch for nitrites) and C (watch for nitrates to go up and ammonia and nitrites to zero out) and the tank will be cycled.

And last but most important. Do water changes. Give your water pets fresh clean water and they will bless you with a long healthy life.

StarGirl

Next question MacZ how many languages do you know?

MacZ

StarGirl15

Ouh! Wow... ehm... I speak german, english, some spanish, some danish and some dutch.
And because I worked with the following for years I can read medieval latin, middle high german, old irish and old norse.

I've dabbled with most celtic languages, most scandinavian languages and a load of historical languages from sanskrit to middle english in university. Too many to list and oftentimes it's really just the basics. It's easy to get into the structures, but I always lack vocabulary.

StarGirl

Next question bgntoc What is your favorite bottom feeder?

CaptainAquatics said:
Commenting to follow along, also StarGirl15 in your last post asking david1978 what his favorite fish community was, so you mean his favorite community fish or is my brain broken and missing something?
I did mean fish community, like African cichlids, discus like that...Doesnt matter.

flyinGourami

StarGirl15 I know I am probably going to sound lame but I love the basics, corydoras, especially false jullis and orange laser corys. I also love kuhli loaches!

StarGirl

Next question jake37 Have you ever owned a Axolotl?

jake37

No. Never ever. However once when i was a little kid a long time ago in a different lifetime i did own a blue tail lizard (which is a salamander). I learned if their tail breaks they regrow them.

StarGirl15 said:

flyinGourami

StarGirl15 said:
I really want to but I live in California.... And almost everything is illegal lol.

StarGirl

Next question Wrench What is the biggest thing you have learned on FL so far?

Wrench

H.O.B= hang on back filter.
For like 2 days I was telling myself not to ask but I just had too ! Ha.

StarGirl

Next question Frisbee Who do you think knows the most about plants?

Next question A201 How much did you know about fish before joining FL?

Cheesecake

StarGirl15 said:

What is this thread?
Well that's one day before my birthday so I should hope I'll be ready.
Edit: Oh okay. This is a thread for StarGirl15 to post random questions.
REVERSE PSYCHOLOGY! What's your favorite ice cream?????

A201

It started with XL pickle jars & nearby creeks. Things really got going with the 5 gal. tank reinforced by metal rims; guppies, swordtails, tiger barbs, cory cats & of course, the Siamese Fighting Fish. College found me being the only B
Ball player in the jock dorm with a tank.

An understanding wife allowed things to expand, 15 gal, 25 gal, 58 gal, 65 gal. tanks. Keeping every locally available
variety of tetra, cichlid, barb & catfish at one time or another.
I began to specialize with Discus, Big Cichlids, uncommon barbs & tetras even a marine community. My latest expansion was to African Cichlids.

About 6 years ago my daughters suggested I enter into the modern age and join a fish forum. I joined a few, but I'm only active on the two best ones, Fishlore & MFK's. - Hope I didn't ramble too much.

StarGirl

sulucanaC said:
What is this thread?
Well that's one day before my birthday so I should hope I'll be ready.
Edit: Oh okay. This is a thread for StarGirl15 to post random questions.
REVERSE PSYCHOLOGY! What's your favorite ice cream?????
Hudsonville Munchie Crunchie Peanut butter wyze guy!

Next question Islandvic Do you think filter cartridges should be outlawed?

erinw347

Loving this thread

Cheesecake

StarGirl15 said:
Next question Islandvic Do you think filter cartridges should be outlawed?
Why??? I use them in all my filters.

Frisbee

StarGirl15 said:
Next question Frisbee Who do you think knows the most about plants?
Foo the Flowerhorn! (YouTuber).

Islandvic

Q: Do I think filter cartridges should be outlawed?

A: The only cartridges that should be outlawed are the ink cartridges in home printers! I hate those things and they cost a fortune. All printers should have ink reservoirs !

As for filter cartridges, no I don't think so. They have their use when used and maintained properly. If a block of foam sponge can be shoved behind the cartridge, then they wont get clogged so quickly and can be swished around in a bucket of tank water to be cleaned. They can cause problems though in my opinion to the new hobbyist who follows the directions on the packaging and blindly replaces them every two weeks.

I think manufactures should be better stewards of the hobby and put education first regarding nitrogen cycle and good fish keeping husbandry.

AcornTheBetta

bgntoc said:
I really want to but I live in California.... And almost everything is illegal lol.
Lol ik right

Yeah. Crazy times

flyinGourami

FishGuy4563 said:
Lol ik right
Haha lol i guess its just california....I wanted to get frogbit, but apparently thats illegal too

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom