The Money Pit - 75 Gallon Build - Page 6

stella1979

AWESOME update Bill!! So... I'm curious if the first pics were switched? One says clove polyps that look like leptastrea and another says leptastrea and looks like it could be clove polyps. Sorry if I'm mistaken, it's just that the 2nd pic looks a lot like an orange leptastrea that I have. Anyway, I'm glad you're enjoying leptastrea and I really love it also. I'm working on a way to frag a purple and blue one that just grows like wildfire for me. I'm too scared to chip the rock that it's on, so probably need to attach something nearby for the coral to grow onto... maybe frag tiles? Idk, but hoping I'll have some available for trading in the near future.

I'm really loving the setosa, but gotta admit, in scrolling through your pics, the wicked favia still stands as my fav!

Wild Bill

The first pic is the Leptastrea. I would do a top down shot to show the difference, but my lights reflect too much off the water.

Wild Bill

My nem is acting weird. He’s upside down on the back side of a rock. I can hardly see him. Should I be concerned?

Wild Bill

We have fragstock tonight. Let’s see what I bring home.

stella1979

My nem is acting weird. He’s upside down on the back side of a rock. I can hardly see him. Should I be concerned?
I can't see your pic Bill. Errmm, I'm not the best with nems anyway, having little experience with them. I suppose I'd be concerned if he's not attached and in that case, I'd offer low flow if at all possible.

We have fragstock tonight. Let’s see what I bring home.
Awesomeness! Can't wait!

Wild Bill

He’s attached. Just hanging upside down. Lol.

He’s hard to see. Took me about an hour to find him.

stella1979

Can't see that pic either Bill. Idk why but both recent pic links lead me to a Fishlore error, saying I don't have permission to view the content. Could you go back to sharing pics within the thread by using the Upload a File button and inserting the pic in the thread?

Honestly, the pic won't help me help you, because again... little nem experience. However, I wouldn't want to miss all your pics!

Wild Bill

You must be registered to see images

There we go.

stella1979

Hmm, he does look a bit smaller/less inflated than before, but I don't really see anything wrong. I'm leaning towards him being like a lot of other nems... being a pain in the rear for going where he wants to be instead of where you want him. Pretty common from what I've seen.

Wild Bill

It’s really funny, he’s on the same rock, in the same place, just on the bottom of the rock. Lol
I can see the bottom of his foot thru the rock.

Wild Bill

This again? What’s causing that. I took that pic using the app.

Wild Bill

What’s going on with the app?

stella1979

Not sure... Mike's working on it. In the meantime, if you have not already, I would suggest logging in on a PC. There are new terms to read and agree to and I'm unsure that the app or mobile site will display this. For myself, I always use a PC and before reading and agreeing, I could not log in or peruse the forum. This may also be preventing access to the app. Of course, you're here, so I suppose you've been through that process. Hmm, maybe this will help.
App Use And Privacy Policy

Wild Bill

The app is working now. I guess you need to accept the TOS

Wild Bill

My clowns are getting big. They have finally discovered the nem.

Wild Bill

Well that was a bust. LFS told me they had a fish I wanted. Went down there and they had a gorgeous Tahitian Butterfly. I started looking at it and noticed spots on it. He threw it in his hospital tank and started meds. Checked on it the next day and he was rubbing on rocks real bad (flashing). Checked back yesterday and he was not doing good, breathing hard and sorta laying on his tail fin. I told LFS he’s not going to make it but I’ll check back today. I called today and the butterfly passed last night. Man I was heartbroken. Really wanted this dude to pull thru.
In other news, my hogfish went rogue on me about 2 weeks ago and started knocking corals off the rocks. Trapped him and he died overnight. Now my blue damsel is doing the same thing with the corals GRRRR. Now I have to trap him. He was my first hitchhiker in my 20.
How was your turkey day?

stella1979

Ugh... that's no good. Sorry to hear about the demise of a couple of fishies. What's up with fish suddenly attacking corals??? Thankfully, I've not experienced that, but this is the 3rd time I've heard of it in as many days.

My turkey day was pretty great. Just had another minI turkey day last night. It's a tradition of ours to make a small Thanksgiving meal for just us in the week after Thanksgiving. This is because, like many, we spend the holiday with relatives, and that's great... but it doesn't leave us with leftovers, and we must have those. So, the minI turkey dinner tradition was born, and though it is mini, there are leftovers for us to make Thanksgiving sammies (sandwhiches) this weekend. How was your turkey day? What's your favorite pie Bill?

Wild Bill

Turkey day was quiet. Went to my sisters the night before and ate. Actually did nothing for dinner Thursday (grilled cheese ). My fav pie has to be apple.

Wild Bill

The rock for my rescape is almost ready. Ammonia was down to .25 after doing a 1/2 gal water change and let it cycle for a week. Didn’t check anything else last night because it was bed time.
In other news, I’ve had a major outbreak of white bristle stars. Picked up this guy from the LDS a week ago.

He’s doing a great job or removing the white bristle stars. I counted about 200 visible 10 days ago, now I’m only seeing about 20, but I’m sure there is a lot I’m not seeing.

Wild Bill

Got my rescape done. I’ll post pics tomorrow.

Wild Bill

Here’s the before pic. I only did the right side.

Found this guy, and 4 others in a rock. Needless to say, the rock went away.

My clown decided he didn’t like me turning his nem around, or moving the rock, and started attacking my. Lol.

xiholdtruex

looks good ewwwwwfire worm!

Wild Bill

Anybody know what this is on the side of my war coral?

Looks like a green bubble.

stella1979

Definitely looks like bubble algae to me. Algae doesn't grow on live tissue ime so there is probably a bit of frag plug or bare skeleton exposed there. My war coral has this really pointy part near its center. It's whatever was under the frag when I bought it. I can't actually see skeleton poking through there, but could a while back when the tank went through a rough time and every things was mad. Now, ever since gha started, the war gets a tiny tuft of it coming right off that point.

I had a few spots of bubble algae in the early days too. Luckily, it occurred on removable rocks, so I dealt with it outside the tank. I'd suggest you do the same.

Wild Bill

It’s gone now. It was harder than a rock, that’s why I was asking what it was. I always thought bubble algae was soft. Lol

Wild Bill

Big update. Got a ton of gift cards for the LDS. Purchased a Hanna checker for phosphates. Love it but not sure I’m doing it right.
Added a blue line wrasse. This dude is busy swimming from side to side cleaning everything. Whenever I stick my hand in the tank, he’s there cleaning it.
Also added 4 Bartlett Anthias. The rank is busier than a bus station now.
Kept everything in QT for 2 weeks and observed. They are healthier than a horse and eat like food is going out of style.

Also picked up a bleaching Ric, put him in a shaded area and he looks like he is starting to come back.

That’s it for now. Everything else is looking great. Duncan’s have popped 6 new heads. My nem loves his rock and hasn’t mov d off it since placing it in the tank.

Lorekeeper

Things are looking great! Love the color variety in this tank.

How have things been aggression-wise? You've got a lot of fish in there that I'd be nervous to add together in anything less than a 240.

stella1979

Wow... I have no words... for once, lol. The tank looks stunning Bill!! Perhaps you could share a short video of your busy tank one of these days.

Wild Bill

Thank you. No problems with aggression, if anything, the Anthias keep the damsel in check. It’s nice to see the Chromis coming out now.

rugerjr

Here’s the before pic. I only did the right side.

Found this guy, and 4 others in a rock. Needless to say, the rock went away.

My clown decided he didn’t like me turning his nem around, or moving the rock, and started attacking my. Lol.

I love the Current USA strip lights. The rolling cloud effect is so nice.

Culprit

WOW! I have been missing notifications on this thread for a bit but your tank is filling out amazingly! It's looking full of life. Fish and corals all look healthy, and that nem is beautiful! I can't wait to get mine running.

Wild Bill

Been having major problems lately with phosphates. Daily major swings, ranging anywhere from .04-.75. Been trying to keep records on all parameters and phosphates and mag are really crazy. Mag doesn’t even read some days other days it reads 2000. I stopped checking all others until I get these under control. Taking water down to the LDS tomorrow. We’ll see what he says.

Wild Bill

Here’s a couple of vids for entertainment.

grantm91

Nice Bill its came a long way

Wild Bill

Went to the LDS (local drool store) and asked him to check my water. Using my test kits, he got the same readings as me. Checked his water with my kits and it tested good on all tests. Guess it’s either time to email IO or change salts.

Wild Bill

Just thought I’d share a few pics of the corals. Lol. Don’t mind the anthias, they love to photo bomb.

War coral is beautiful.

No name favite is looking great.

Blast has gone crazy.

Acans are looking great.

This thing is WOW!!!

Another favite that’s looking OMG!!

Duncan has popped about 10 new heads and is looking great.

My Zoa garden is looking delicious. Lol

Some more Zoas, the bottom ones are gorilla nipples.

These are a different Zoa that I’ve never seen. They have stayed small. No stalk.

My JedI mind trick is looking good.

One of my clowns love the RBTA. Stays in there constantly.

Wild Bill

Now for the mushrooms.

My Ric, still haven’t decided if this is the best place for him.

The Disco.

The no name Chalice.

Acro that I fell in love with.

Lobo is looking good. Loves his corner.

FTS.

stella1979

Dang Bill... check out that growth you've got!! Nice job, my friend. When did you get the Lobo? Think I missed that one previously, so seeing it this morning was a nice surprise.

Wild Bill

It’s been there for a while now. I wanna say sometime in September.

Culprit

I must've missed this part, but where did you get your anthias and how do you feed them/keep up with your feeding requirements? They're probably my favorite fish aside from a mandi.

Wild Bill

I got them at the LDS (local drool store). I feed them twice a day, mysis and flakes. What’s funny, they have been aggressive amongst themselves and have left my chromis alone. They also keep my damsel in check. Lol. I got them at the first of the year.

In other new, my clown that lives in the nem has decided to protect it every time I put my hand in the tank. The little fart bites hard. Lol

Wild Bill

Some new additions.

Duncan

Miami hurricane chalice, just got that last night.

Beats me on what this is.

Cowrie. Does good at keeping the rock clean. I’ll watch it for munching on the corals.

Wild Bill

These dudes crack me up.

Wild Bill

Sometime this weekend, I get to bring home a TominI Tang.

Wild Bill

TominI is in a QT now. Been hiding since yesterday. He’s a hungry fella.

Culprit

Awesome!! I absolutely love my Tomini. Is it a flamefin?

Make sure to keep water quality great in QT with a tang. I let nitrates creep up to 20-30 and my tominI and kole developed HLLE. It's gone now they're in DT with good water quality and food but, it was the water quality that did it.

Wild Bill

It’s the bristletooth. I checked water parameters and nitrates was 10, so I did a water change.

Wild Bill

Doing a water change tomorrow and acclimating the TominI for his new home. I’ve been watching him for 3 weeks now, and I see no problems with him.

rugerjr

Nitrates at ten...I’d really like your input and participation in my post for saltwater tank builds.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
saltwater60
Replies
Views
Gernader
Replies
Views
Wild Bill
Replies
Views