the middle of my tank looks bare!

LOULOU

Reaction score
another question from little old me, I have dalmation mollies that seem to stay at the top, loaches,cats,plecos that are at the bottom, a platty that ive named the plastic platty cos he doesn't seem to move and little neons that whizz round so fast together that you barely see them, what stays in the middle, should I get some more platties so that "plastic" isn't on his own? he does seem to be around the middle, wish the mollies would come down and the loaches not hide cos they are my favourites. any suggestions anyone???

Jai

Reaction score
Why don't you add a tall kind of ornament in the middle, this will automatically attract your fishes because they would want to swim in and out of it...hope it helps

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Livebearers like Guppies and Platys should swim all over the tank. Your Platy is probably not active because he is lonely. Definitely get a few more, and I bet there will be a change.

Shorty

Reaction score
I started with one male platy and hardley every saw him, when I added his girlies he completely changed for the better, he is lord of the manor now with bags of confidence Definatley get your platy some company Us the ratio 1 male to 2 female and you will have 3 happy fish

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
If you don't want fry, 3 females or I think 3 males would work fine too.

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I know the females would work, but I know some males will fight, so check before trying that...

New Threads