40 Gallon Tank The Lonely Warrior Tank (community tank)

Kaijimloor

Hi everyone, this is my first tank My daughter and I got this tank about 5 months ago. We bought it secondhand with some of the fish, a bit of driftwood and a few plants. We have later added more driftwood/roots, plants and fish.

I have edited the photos in lightroom but I have also uploaded original/raw photo. Feel free to comment both!

Tank size
150L/40gal
L: 81,5cm
W: 46cm
H: 52,5cm

Water parameters
Last testet: 17/4-2021
Temp.: 27°C/80°F
pH: 7,5
dKH: 15
CO2:14,3 mg/l (calculated)
dGH: 22
PO4: 0,5 mg/l
NH3: 0,0 mg/l
NO2: 0,0 mg/l
NO3: 10 mg/l

Setup
Eheim 250 external filter
LED 10w fullspectrum light
2 x 24W, T5 light tubes
CO2 - Tropica system

Plants
Loads of different plants. Some doing good and others have a hard time due to the warm temperature of the water - yet they are growing slowly.
- Java fern
- Java moss
- Anubis barteri var. Nana
- Echinodorus "x" barthii"
- Ceratophyllum demersum (foxtail)
- Taxiphyllum 'Flame'
- Taxiphyllum barbieri
- Pistia stratiotes
- Hygrophila siamensis
- Alternanthera reineckii "Mini"
- Elodea densa (Canadian waterweed)
- Limnophila sessiliflora
- Ludwigia perennis
I also have a couple of other plants from the previous owner that I still have not identified.

The fishies
3 Ballon mollies
10 Gobies
- 10-15 small fry
5 Pearl Gurami
4 Ancistrus catfish
1 Discus
2 Amano scrimp
1-2 big snail (do not know the species - the pearl gurami seems to eat the baby snails)

I know it is not ideal to only have one discus. But I bought the tank secondhand with the discus and some of the fish (I've later added the gobies and the mollies). The previous owner told me that he bought 4 discus at the same time but the one remaining killed the others. Disco, as my daughter has named him, has a crave he loves to relax in, he eats, he swims in the front of the tank and loves being needed by hand. I think he is a bit skinny but we are doing our best to get him fed up with beef heart and bloodworms! We love Disco the discus, and he has become somewhat of a pet-fish for me and my daughter.

I will soon post my new 38L/10gal tank

Attachments

• 150L tank - fishloor new-1.jpg
    150L tank - fishloor new-1.jpg
    274.7 KB · Views: 43
  • 150L tank - fishloor new-2.jpg
    150L tank - fishloor new-2.jpg
    309.1 KB · Views: 43
  • 150L tank - fishloor new-3.jpg
    150L tank - fishloor new-3.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 40
  • 150L tank - fishloor new-4.jpg
    150L tank - fishloor new-4.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 150L tank - fishloor new-5.jpg
    150L tank - fishloor new-5.jpg
    322.3 KB · Views: 38
  • 150L tank - fishloor-raw-1.jpg
    150L tank - fishloor-raw-1.jpg
    261.3 KB · Views: 36
  • 150L tank - fishloor-raw-2.jpg
    150L tank - fishloor-raw-2.jpg
    303.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 150L tank - fishloor-raw-3.jpg
    150L tank - fishloor-raw-3.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 150L tank - fishloor-raw-4.jpg
    150L tank - fishloor-raw-4.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 33
  • 150L tank - fishloor-raw-5.jpg
    150L tank - fishloor-raw-5.jpg
    299.3 KB · Views: 34

BigManAquatics

Don't know if photo editing, but that discus does really POP out in there!

The29G

Welcome to fishlore, the tank is beautiful! Disco is very cute. The stocking is pretty unorthodox but that’s just how it goes sometimes. My fish tank just had whatever in it for a long time before I committed to certain fish. At one point I had a betta, an endlers livebearer, an ember tetra, and three upside down catfish.

smalli

Hi everyone, this is my first tank My daughter and I got this tank about 5 months ago. We bought it secondhand with some of the fish, a bit of driftwood and a few plants. We have later added more driftwood/roots, plants and fish.

I have edited the photos in lightroom but I have also uploaded original/raw photo. Feel free to comment both!

Tank size
150L/40gal
L: 81,5cm
W: 46cm
H: 52,5cm

Water parameters
Last testet: 17/4-2021
Temp.: 27°C/80°F
pH: 7,5
dKH: 15
CO2:14,3 mg/l (calculated)
dGH: 22
PO4: 0,5 mg/l
NH3: 0,0 mg/l
NO2: 0,0 mg/l
NO3: 10 mg/l

Setup
Eheim 250 external filter
LED 10w fullspectrum light
2 x 24W, T5 light tubes
CO2 - Tropica system

Plants
Loads of different plants. Some doing good and others have a hard time due to the warm temperature of the water - yet they are growing slowly.
- Java fern
- Java moss
- Anubis barteri var. Nana
- Echinodorus "x" barthii"
- Ceratophyllum demersum (foxtail)
- Taxiphyllum 'Flame'
- Taxiphyllum barbieri
- Pistia stratiotes
- Hygrophila siamensis
- Alternanthera reineckii "Mini"
- Elodea densa (Canadian waterweed)
- Limnophila sessiliflora
- Ludwigia perennis
I also have a couple of other plants from the previous owner that I still have not identified.

The fishies
3 Ballon mollies
10 Gobies
- 10-15 small fry
5 Pearl Gurami
4 Ancistrus catfish
1 Discus
2 Amano scrimp
1-2 big snail (do not know the species - the pearl gurami seems to eat the baby snails)

I know it is not ideal to only have one discus. But I bought the tank secondhand with the discus and some of the fish (I've later added the gobies and the mollies). The previous owner told me that he bought 4 discus at the same time but the one remaining killed the others. Disco, as my daughter has named him, has a crave he loves to relax in, he eats, he swims in the front of the tank and loves being needed by hand. I think he is a bit skinny but we are doing our best to get him fed up with beef heart and bloodworms! We love Disco the discus, and he has become somewhat of a pet-fish for me and my daughter.

I will soon post my new 38L/10gal tank
Wow that tank is amazing I really love that orange/redish discus.

Kaijimloor

Don't know if photo editing, but that discus does really POP out in there!
I think he pops a bit more ind the edited versions. But he do still stands out in the raw photos. The last 5 photos are the raw version with no editing, hence why it says “raw” in the file name

Welcome to fishlore, the tank is beautiful! Disco is very cute. The stocking is pretty unorthodox but that’s just how it goes sometimes. My fish tank just had whatever in it for a long time before I committed to certain fish. At one point I had a betta, an endlers livebearer, an ember tetra, and three upside down catfish.
Thanks a lot! My friend told me the same thing My daughter is 7 years old so we went after fish that could easily get babys. Now we have lots of goby fry and I just recently found 4 ancistrus fry (seen picture)

Ancistrusfry

The only reason we have a discus is because it was included when we bought the tank. I don't think I would have started out with discus if it wasn't for that Also since Disco killed his tree last tank mates. I don't think I'm gonna add new discus to the tank any time soon

Thanks! Yeah he looks amazing at night with no lights on, except the aquarium light of cause!

Kaijimloor

Thanks! Yeah he looks amazing at night with no lights on, except the aquarium light of cause!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
MSharma
Replies
Views
Dunk2
Replies
Views
TWiG87
Replies
Views