The little underwater worlds we strive to create... Your thoughts?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Tetra Guy, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Tetra Guy

Tetra GuyValued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +2
    Experience:
    5 years
    20 Gallon Community Tank.

Just did a partial water change and took this picture a few minutes ago, and I'm just sitting down to check out the forum here looking through the threads thinking how much work we all put into creating these beautiful little worlds. The water, the plants, the fish, the décor, filters, lights, all of it; tons of work.

It made me step back and realize how hard it is to create what mother mature has been doing since the dawn of time. I believe that most of us would agree here that we could easily make this a full time job, and then some. I wouldn't trade all the time I've spent on it for anything. It's such a wonderful hobby. I'm always striving to make it better, to learn more. My appetite for it is insatiable. Just thought I would share.

Happy fishkeeping everyone!!! :)

Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
  2. Lucy

LucyModeratorModerator Member

Ratings:
    +2,380
    Experience:
    5 to 10 years
    The tank looks great!
    My tanks always look so haphazard.

3. sophieydg

sophieydgWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +3
    Experience:
    3 years
    Your tank looks wonderful! I absolutely love decorating fish tanks, making them as nice as possible for my fish. So much so, that I am currently in the process of tearing down my ten gallon and redecorating it so that it is a nicer environment. I wish I could do this every day!

4. peacemaker92

peacemaker92Well Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +13
    Experience:
    5 to 10 years
    Beautiful tank! :)

I think it's the part of maintaining the tank which is the toughest. Setting it up, decorating it, stocking it, I must say is definitely loads of work but fun at the same time.

5. ricmcc

ricmccWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +47
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    I think that for many people, work is something one need do in order to allow for sufficient money to allow for the other things in one's life----therefore, setting up and maintaining a tank or two (or many) isn't really work, despite being labour intensive, unless one happens to work at Big Al's or something.
    It is sort of like the difference between a vocation and an avocation; one does the first in order to finance the second, regardless of what hobby you are speaking of, unless you are like me, retired, in which case most everything is avocation, especially napping, one of my more finely honed skills.:)-----rick

6. Ivoryangel

IvoryangelWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +5
    Experience:
    4 years
    It may seem like a lot of hard and agonizing work, but it's actually very fun and fulfilling. It's not really a chore, it's a hobby, maybe even an art. :)
    Great tank by the way. :D

7. utkgreg

utkgregWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +24
    Experience:
    5 years
    Water changes.... yeah, I'll admit those are work. But the aqua-scaping, planning, stocking and the rest are definitely too much fun to be work!

8. OP
    OP
    Tetra Guy

Tetra GuyValued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +2
    Experience:
    5 years
    Lol! That's true except when your plants won't stay in the substrate! :)

9. lollipopkiller

lollipopkillerWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +1
    Experience:
    5 to 10 years
    wonderful tank but instead of a hobby or a job i think of it as a life style always trying to make life better for you and your fish right it is a day by day thing just like eating and sleeping for most of us? dont u at least look at your tanks once a day if not do more to them like feed the fish or aquascape? i think most of you would agree it is like a life style?