The joy of Mentoring!

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by Martinismommy, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Martinismommy

Martinismommy Fishlore VIP Member

I just had to share this story with all of you Betta lovers...

As some of you know I'm pretty picky about where my breeding kids go....Last year, I was contacted by a lady in TX wanting some of my kids.....She was interested in getting started breeding good quality Betta fish...She had bred VT's and had some experience with raising fry so I sent her a few males and females......

A few months ago when I found out I was moving and my breeding was put on hold I had a super nice black melano male that was ready to spawn...I worked out an agreement that if I sent him to her she would breed him to one of my girls and send me a couple of the males back from the spawn......

Last week I received the promised males..They are 3 months old.....When I opened the bags I could not believe my eyes! These boys were outstanding show quality males! I begged her to please show them in the New Breeders class at the upcoming shows....She agreed...I told her these males need to be seen! They are beyond nice! In fact, the blue BF is one of the nicest BF's I've laid eyes on......

Mentoring someone can be both rewarding and frustrating...This ended up being the best reward of all seeing these males...They have been raised perfectly!

Anyway, I'll cut the story short and tell you this person is on this forum.....It is WHISPER! Thank you Whisper for continuing my blue marble/BF line when I couldn't.....You are simply the BEST! I'm rooting for a BEST in SHOW from the new breeders class in MI next month......

Attached Files:

2. platy ben

platy ben Well Known Member Member

WOW!!! The blue bodied guy!!!!
    Makes me want a betta so bad!!!

3. critter_fritter79

critter_fritter79 Well Known Member Member

Awesome MM! They are gorgeous Whisper! While I have no idea how rewarding it can be to mentor, I know to have a good mentor who is always ready to answer questions and explain in ways us newbies can understand is a priceless gift! What is really great is when you can call your mentor your friend! You are very lucky Whisper! Once again, those are awesome boys...I am waiting to hear about our new BOS...good luck!

4. C

Charlemagne Valued Member Member

Wow!!!!!! Those are absolutely GORGEOUS MM! What a wonderful surprise! I hope I can breed bettas . . . . . . someday when I get the space, time, and tanks. In the meantime it's wonderful to see other people's beauties

5. Red1313

Red1313 Fishlore VIP Member

Oh WOW!!!
    Congrats Whisper on a Job well done! Those boy's are beautiful! I can't wait to hear how they do!

And congrats to you MM on a well done job, both in mentoring, AND in doing such a wonderful job selecting, maintaining, and supplying such amazing genetic stock!

6. bolivianbaby

bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

What a rewarding experience, MM! You're obviously a fantastic mentor!

Fabulous job, Whisper!

Those are some stunning fish! This one's for you, ladies:;toast

7. l

lorabell Well Known Member Member

WOW!!!!!!!! Congrats to the both of u!!!!!!!!!!

8. rae64

rae64 Well Known Member Member

WOW.... just, WOW...

9. Furallicah

Furallicah Well Known Member Member

Stunning bettas!

10. Flyfrod

Flyfrod Valued Member Member

Gorgeous bettas!! I only hope that I can get that type of results. I have a good teacher and great stock.:)

11. D

DaveofTN Valued Member Member

WOW, definitely inspires me to get another betta, they're such beautiful fish.

12. Tigerfishy

Tigerfishy Well Known Member Member

O.M.G!!! :eek: :jawdrop:
    Well done Whisper, and MM, they have come from some SERIOUS parents lol!!!
    I think I need to go take another look at them...

13. peacemaker92

peacemaker92 Well Known Member Member

Congrats! Hope your bettas do well in the show! :;hf We're rooting for ya! :eek: to Whisper!

14. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Good morning,

They are beautiful MM, Whisper!

Ken

15. Betta Whisperer

Betta Whisperer Well Known Member Member

Thanks to you all so much and thanks too from MM for all her help. I didn't know these two were so good until I sent pictures of them to MM. She emailed back and said OMG we have to show these two. Well I can't tell you how surprised and excited I was to here that. I haven't been this excited about anything since my grandaughter was born 13 years ago. LOL

16. harpua2002

harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

Congrats Whisper! You must be so proud, your hard work has really paid off! :)

17. m

marina3 Valued Member Member

Good job to both of you... What a rewarding experience!!!:;toast

18. cajunfiberco

cajunfiberco Well Known Member Member

WOW Those are some handsome fellas there!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice