the importance of knowing about the fish you are buying

jays guppies

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
my name is Jay I am posting my concern.2 days a go I got a call from a person that had a pair of poccu he got them from a chain pet store awhile ago they told him that that they wouldn't get that big and they did not eat other fish witch is wrong so very wrong he couldn't handle them anymore they grew out his 75 gallon tank.so I went and rescued them and have them on display at my shop with a sign saying the same thing in going to tell all of yous.Please don't take the word from the worker.Please do more research on the fish you buy before you buy it.over the past 10 years I've seen this alot.And if you did made this mistake do not dump them in ponds there are places that will take them.Cabelas is one please please do your research.Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris99

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Welcome to Fishlore! Research is a major theme on this forum, as is getting as much information as possible from multiple sources. Sometimes store employees can be a great source of info, but other times they just want to sell you a fish or product.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom