the importance of knowing about the fish you are buying

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jays guppies, Jul 23, 2015.

1. j

jays guppies New Member Member

my name is Jay I am posting my concern.2 days a go I got a call from a person that had a pair of poccu he got them from a chain pet store awhile ago they told him that that they wouldn't get that big and they did not eat other fish witch is wrong so very wrong he couldn't handle them anymore they grew out his 75 gallon tank.so I went and rescued them and have them on display at my shop with a sign saying the same thing in going to tell all of yous.Please don't take the word from the worker.Please do more research on the fish you buy before you buy it.over the past 10 years I've seen this alot.And if you did made this mistake do not dump them in ponds there are places that will take them.Cabelas is one please please do your research.Thank you

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2015
  2. Chris99

Chris99 Well Known Member Member

Welcome to Fishlore! Research is a major theme on this forum, as is getting as much information as possible from multiple sources. Sometimes store employees can be a great source of info, but other times they just want to sell you a fish or product.

3. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

You might like to support The Big Fish campaign, I think they have posters you could display.

4. BornThisWayBettas

BornThisWayBettas Fishlore VIP Member

I couldn't agree more. Good job!

5. OP
    OP
    j

jays guppies New Member Member

I will check it out

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice