The ill tank just went south Help

1. passion336 Initiate Member

Well today I woke up on my 21st birthday and found 2 dead neons and 1 missing!!

both my guppys have fin rot aswell now .
    ive been doing everything ive been told

now ive been told to use a prduct with has 1001 bactira? does it sound ok?

kind regards :;dk

2. Beth1965 Well Known Member Member

O, man, Im sorry for your troubles. I haven't followed your posts so I will not give any advice. I hope things get better for you and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!:)

3. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Passion. Sorry to hear about your fish. I'm sorry but I'm not familiar with the 1001 bacteria that you speak of. Are your readings for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH where they should be? Keeping up with your regular water changes?

On a more happy note: Happy Birthday!:;balloons
    I'm sure you'll get some more responses as people over here start waking up. Best of luck! I hope you find the missing fish.
    Ken

4. passion336 Initiate Member

5 days ago I had water the tested the nitrite levels were high and been doing water changes every 2 days

5. Diggly Well Known Member Member

You should do Daily water changes every day with any signs of ammonia or nitrite

6. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

Happy Birthday!!!!!
    daly water changes with prime as recommended in your other threads...the tank has to be cycled

7. jdhef Moderator Moderator Member

Sometimes if you ammonia and/or nitrites are high for a while the fish won't show symtoms/die until after you think you have the water parameters under control. It seems that sometimes it takes a little while for the damage done by poor water conditions to show.

Hang in there and good luck. Oh yeah, and Happy 21st!