The Homeschooler Thread

Are you a homeschooler?


  • Total voters
    65

Gel0city

Well Known
Member
Messages
714
Reaction score
742
Experience
3 years
I have never watched Blimey Cow before. But it sounds interesting.
 

julifhy

Well Known
Member
Messages
1,069
Reaction score
946
Location
Bay Area
Experience
Just started
bgntoc said:
No tips. Have the same problem because I'm on fishlore so much lol, I use it more than youtube which is scary.
Now that I think about I’m probably more on fish lore than on YouTube too :facepalm:

Hannah1064 said:
Well, for me having a planner and recording what things are due when really helps. Also, sometimes just sitting down and writing everything out that I need to do first or that's due soon helps prioritize stuff. Hope that helps :D
That does help! I used to write down all assignments I had to do for the week on my phone. I don’t know why I stopped doing that though. I’ll definitely start writing them down again :)

I really have to get my work organized because I might be missing a whole month of assignments :facepalm: luckily my teachers aren’t strict about due date because of covid-19 so I think I’ll survive lol
 

Frisbee

Well Known
Member
Messages
1,449
Reaction score
2,116
Location
A galaxy far far away.
Experience
2 years
Gel0city said:
I have never watched Blimey Cow before. But it sounds interesting.
Blimey Cow is a youtube channel started by a bunch of homeschoolers, that make goofy videos about homeschooling.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #125
OP
N

NevermindIgnoreMe

Well Known
Member
Messages
515
Reaction score
428
Location
Small town, US
Experience
5 years
Frisbee said:
Blimey Cow is a youtube channel started by a bunch of homeschoolers, that make goofy videos about homeschooling.
I love Blimey Cow. The latest Messyges is my new favorite lol...Watch it or we'll send Aunt Josie after you. ;);p
 

JuiceBox52

Active Member
Member
Messages
184
Reaction score
195
Location
Monroe Washington
Experience
5 to 10 years
Latecomer to this thread but I'm a homeschooler as well. And blimey cow is great honestly probably the greatest thing ever
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #127
OP
N

NevermindIgnoreMe

Well Known
Member
Messages
515
Reaction score
428
Location
Small town, US
Experience
5 years
JuiceBox52 said:
Latecomer to this thread but I'm a homeschooler as well. And blimey cow is great honestly probably the greatest thing ever
Yay! Welcome! Are you done with school or almost or do you do school through summer?
 

julifhy

Well Known
Member
Messages
1,069
Reaction score
946
Location
Bay Area
Experience
Just started
NBettas83 said:
I finally finished school! I'm happy but mostly sad at the same time.
Lucky!! I have 3 more weeks left and 5 chapters of math I didn’t do :nailbiting::facepalm:
Please send help lol
 

JuiceBox52

Active Member
Member
Messages
184
Reaction score
195
Location
Monroe Washington
Experience
5 to 10 years
NevermindIgnoreMe said:
Yay! Welcome! Are you done with school or almost or do you do school through summer?
I took 5 months off last year and I'm graduating halfway through next year so am working through the summer :)
 

MaximumRide14

Well Known
Member
Messages
3,096
Reaction score
1,036
Location
Az
Experience
2 years
NBettas83 said:
I finally finished school! I'm happy but mostly sad at the same time.
I finished too! Except now I'm mostly happy and less sad, which is quite the opposite when there's school
julifhy said:
Lucky!! I have 3 more weeks left and 5 chapters of math I didn’t do :nailbiting::facepalm:
Please send help lol
Rip math is my least favorite and worst class, I can say that I definitely don't miss it. Let me know if you need help or something, but I can't guarantee I can help lol
 

flyinGourami

Well Known
Member
Messages
2,643
Reaction score
3,360
Location
My house
Experience
Just started
I am not a homeschooler. And my parents have good reasons to keep it that way. To be quite honest if they had to deal with me more than they do now, I think they'de go crazy. Lol.
 

JuiceBox52

Active Member
Member
Messages
184
Reaction score
195
Location
Monroe Washington
Experience
5 to 10 years
flyinGourami said:
I am not a homeschooler. And my parents have good reasons to keep it that way. To be quite honest if they had to deal with me more than they do now, I think they'de go crazy. Lol.
Say that to my parents! I have 4 little brothers....its insane. And last summer we had 8 kids in the house, my mom had major surgery AND we were quarantined for 2 1/2 months. I've been quarantined twice!
 

JuiceBox52

Active Member
Member
Messages
184
Reaction score
195
Location
Monroe Washington
Experience
5 to 10 years
JuiceBox52 said:
Say that to my parents! I have 4 little brothers....its insane. And last summer we had 8 kids in the house, my mom had major surgery AND we were quarantined for 2 1/2 months. I've been quarantined twice!
Oh, and 3 of those kids didnt speak english and had emotional problems because they are orphans living in the Ukrainian war zone...
 

julifhy

Well Known
Member
Messages
1,069
Reaction score
946
Location
Bay Area
Experience
Just started
MaximumRide14 said:
Rip math is my least favorite and worst class, I can say that I definitely don't miss it. Let me know if you need help or something, but I can't guarantee I can help lol
Ty! I hate math sooo much lol. I’m in pre calculus rn and I honestly don’t know why I took it. I could have stopped at trigonometry and then went on to intro to statistics. I also don’t actually have to do any of the work, but I know that my dad will ask to see it before my final :facepalm:.
 

MaximumRide14

Well Known
Member
Messages
3,096
Reaction score
1,036
Location
Az
Experience
2 years
julifhy said:
Ty! I hate math sooo much lol. I’m in pre calculus rn and I honestly don’t know why I took it. I could have stopped at trigonometry and then went on to intro to statistics. I also don’t actually have to do any of the work, but I know that my dad will ask to see it before my final :facepalm:.
Lol precalc was really when I started hating math, I'm going into statistics next year. Good luck on your final!
 

NBettas83

Well Known
Member
Messages
697
Reaction score
1,212
Location
Colorado, US
For me, whether I like it or not depends on the teacher and teaching style. If it is something monotonous like a textbook and math packets, I hate math, if it is free-form I feel like that helps me learn better, as I learn at my own pace and can dig deeper.
 

New Threads

Similar Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
259
Guests online
3,229
Total visitors
3,488

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom