The Han’s Experience! - Page 9

86 ssinit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
BarbaraLocke said:
Here are the promised still pix of my two turqs. Not the best quality, but they now get very excited when they see me, and they just ignore me when I ask them to stand still for the camera It’s interesting that, even at this young age, they pretty much stick together as pairs when they aren’t ‘schooling’, although the second pix is a turq at the top, and a Flachen underneath.
Looks to me the other way around the Flachen on top and the Turk on the bottom. Top one has the greenish blue. But both nice looking discus

BarbaraLocke

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
86 ssinit said:
Looks to me the other way around the Flachen on top and the Turk on the bottom. Top one has the greenish blue. But both nice looking discus
Oops, you’re right 86 ssinit! I’m only functioning on half a brain right now They’ve just started to sort out a pecking order now that they decided they like Hans’ beef heart, but I’m managing to make sure the ‘outsider’ gets some, too.

OP
Thedudeiam94

Thedudeiam94

Well Known
Reaction score
Did a slight cleaning and moves the driftwood around. Mostly to distract you from the bubble filter. Eating fdbw!
991a7af30bac5c4affdbb4589e1b802d.jpg
cc3525dee8805e7e2f7626d9cd4a0219.jpg

angelcraze

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Lol, I added a bubble stream to my 120 gallon too . Well, I like it. More oxygen, more filtration, can't go wrong!

OP
Thedudeiam94

Thedudeiam94

Well Known
Reaction score
jmaldo said:
Thedudeiam94
Looking Good. Have you considered a background, might help. Just my.o2
Yes I just haven’t gotten it yet. I’m just going to use a light blue piece of construction paper taped to the back.

angelcraze

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thedudeiam94 said:
Yes I just haven’t gotten it yet. I’m just going to use a light blue piece of construction paper taped to the back.
I just noticed, is your wall painted halfway up a grey brown color? If so, it's exactly like my bedroom walls haha! I really like my tank in there against the brown wall and no background. But I usually use a background. Better to keep a lighter one like you planned so the discus don't pepper. And raise your Marilyn Monroe frame a bit

nikm128

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
angelcraze said:
Better to keep a lighter one like you planned so the discus don't pepper.
The color of the background can influence peppering? Interesting, I only ever thought about the substrate influencing colors.

angelcraze

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
nikm128 said:
The color of the background can influence peppering? Interesting, I only ever thought about the substrate influencing colors.
Well I don't keep discus, but I read it does. That's why discus tank backgrounds are often light blue or frosted glass. Anyway, why wouldn't it? It's the environment that has to be lighter in color right?

Btw, tannins + light blue = greenish. I still like the color for a background though!

OP
Thedudeiam94

Thedudeiam94

Well Known
Reaction score
6849bc1aaf96ece65947472b79c56efa.jpg

c6c6fbed2fcd8fa7e10d89c8f00823a3.jpg
c6f78fc41aed711ee46e9133f67aeb87.jpg

Zoom in on the last photo and look at the details in the scales.

Healthy and happy. Crazy how detailed their scales are when you actually sit and look at them up close. Pictures don’t do them justice honestly.

86 ssinit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Coming along nicely!!! Getting bigger and showing more red. Wish mine would. Like the one in the back with the lines going straight up. Looks like a Mohawk .

OP
Thedudeiam94

Thedudeiam94

Well Known
Reaction score
86 ssinit said:
Coming along nicely!!! Getting bigger and showing more red. Wish mine would. Like the one in the back with the lines going straight up. Looks like a Mohawk .
That one in the back was actually the runt! He’s really taking off now! Definitely holding his own now and eating like a ferocious tiger! Lol (hence the stripes!) lol

OP
Thedudeiam94

Thedudeiam94

Well Known
Reaction score
Just so you all know... I ordered my 2nd batch of Hans discus! I ordered 5 regular pigeon blood and will be sent an additional blue pigeon blood to replace the one I had lost. Making a final school of ten! Been working out a killer deal with Hans and will keep you guys updated once they arrive!

86 ssinit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Nice! how big? Must say you’ve got a great wife!! Have you upgraded tank size? Hows your baby. You are one busy man!!

OP
Thedudeiam94

Thedudeiam94

Well Known
Reaction score
He said he would try to get them close to the size of the ones I currently have now being that they are a single price on the website. I haven’t made any upgrades yet however I have got a couple connections if I am ever in need of a larger tank. She’s doing well and so is the little guy! So glad to finally have him around! She held him for the first 9 months it’s daddy’s turn now! Lol

BarbaraLocke

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Thedudeiam94 said:
He said he would try to get them close to the size of the ones I currently have now being that they are a single price on the website. I haven’t made any upgrades yet however I have got a couple connections if I am ever in need of a larger tank. She’s doing well and so is the little guy! So glad to finally have him around! She held him for the first 9 months it’s daddy’s turn now! Lol
What an exciting time for you Thedudeiam94 !! Congratulations on the birth of your son! He’s going to love watching the fishy’s swimming before you know it! And congrats on getting another batch of Hans Discus! Be sure to post pix of both your new son and the new fish!

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom