The Han’s Experience!

BarbaraLocke

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Here are the promised still pix of my two turqs. Not the best quality, but they now get very excited when they see me, and they just ignore me when I ask them to stand still for the camera It’s interesting that, even at this young age, they pretty much stick together as pairs when they aren’t ‘schooling’, although the second pix is a turq at the top, and a Flachen underneath.

Attachments

86 ssinit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Here are the promised still pix of my two turqs. Not the best quality, but they now get very excited when they see me, and they just ignore me when I ask them to stand still for the camera It’s interesting that, even at this young age, they pretty much stick together as pairs when they aren’t ‘schooling’, although the second pix is a turq at the top, and a Flachen underneath.
Looks to me the other way around the Flachen on top and the Turk on the bottom. Top one has the greenish blue. But both nice looking discus

BarbaraLocke

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Looks to me the other way around the Flachen on top and the Turk on the bottom. Top one has the greenish blue. But both nice looking discus
Oops, you’re right @86 ssinit! I’m only functioning on half a brain right now They’ve just started to sort out a pecking order now that they decided they like Hans’ beef heart, but I’m managing to make sure the ‘outsider’ gets some, too.

angelcraze

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yes I just haven’t gotten it yet. I’m just going to use a light blue piece of construction paper taped to the back.
I just noticed, is your wall painted halfway up a grey brown color? If so, it's exactly like my bedroom walls haha! I really like my tank in there against the brown wall and no background. But I usually use a background. Better to keep a lighter one like you planned so the discus don't pepper. And raise your Marilyn Monroe frame a bit

angelcraze

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The color of the background can influence peppering? Interesting, I only ever thought about the substrate influencing colors.
Well I don't keep discus, but I read it does. That's why discus tank backgrounds are often light blue or frosted glass. Anyway, why wouldn't it? It's the environment that has to be lighter in color right?

Btw, tannins + light blue = greenish. I still like the color for a background though!

OP
Thedudeiam94

Thedudeiam94

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Coming along nicely!!! Getting bigger and showing more red. Wish mine would. Like the one in the back with the lines going straight up. Looks like a Mohawk .
That one in the back was actually the runt! He’s really taking off now! Definitely holding his own now and eating like a ferocious tiger! Lol (hence the stripes!) lol

OP
Thedudeiam94

Thedudeiam94

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Just so you all know... I ordered my 2nd batch of Hans discus! I ordered 5 regular pigeon blood and will be sent an additional blue pigeon blood to replace the one I had lost. Making a final school of ten! Been working out a killer deal with Hans and will keep you guys updated once they arrive!

OP
Thedudeiam94

Thedudeiam94

Well Known Member
Reaction score
He said he would try to get them close to the size of the ones I currently have now being that they are a single price on the website. I haven’t made any upgrades yet however I have got a couple connections if I am ever in need of a larger tank. She’s doing well and so is the little guy! So glad to finally have him around! She held him for the first 9 months it’s daddy’s turn now! Lol

Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • No

Votes: 11 9.6%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 76 66.7%

Top Bottom