The Han’s Experience!

Thedudeiam94

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Just a yellow tail damsel for now until I get my designer clowns.

tiffani

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thedudeiam94 said:
Just a yellow tail damsel for now until I get my designer clowns.
Ok, nice. Post pics of your clowns whenever you get them.

Thedudeiam94

Well Known Member
Reaction score
My chickens! 3590]

Thedudeiam94

Well Known Member
Reaction score
More of the chickens! Can definitely see the growth in some of these pics! 215]

Also I apologize for the photos being so out of focus I promise they’re not that bad originally. It only distorts them once I upload them.

tiffani

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thedudeiam94 said:
More of the chickens! Can definitely see the growth in some of these pics! 215]

Also I apologize for the photos being so out of focus I promise they’re not that bad originally. It only distorts them once I upload them.
Hey
Maybe upload a video if you have time.

Thedudeiam94

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I will try although the last video I had to upload to YouTube then post and it was still pretty distorted. Not sure why it only looks that way after it’s been uploaded.. 848]

coralbandit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Pics are clear for me [on PC] .. :p

Thedudeiam94

Well Known Member
Reaction score
coralbandit said:
Pics are clear for me [on PC] .. :p
As long as you all can see them clearly that’s all that matters.

Thedudeiam94

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Lost two discus... the runts! They didn’t make it. Sadly they were outcompeted by the larger fish. So I’m down to 8. 4 blues and 4 regular pigeon blood. Not bad.. sad but not bad.. I have started feeding krill and they love it! Especially the big ones! Colors seem more vibrant as well. Still changing water every 4 days and lowered feedings to twice a day every other day and one time a day other days. Still feeding a variety of different foods. Lots of growth and some of the “new” pigeons have almost doubled in size with 2 still slightly smaller than the rest. However they all put up a good fight at feeding time! Started thawing my frozen cubes with tank water and have not had a bloat issue since then. All in all things are going well besides the two loses. But ya win some and ya lose some.. it’s part of the learning process.

Some photos of the fighters!

Will get more pics of them this evening as they are.

tiffani

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thedudeiam94 said:
Lost two discus... the runts! They didn’t make it. Sadly they were outcompeted by the larger fish. So I’m down to 8. 4 blues and 4 regular pigeon blood. Not bad.. sad but not bad.. I have started feeding krill and they love it! Especially the big ones! Colors seem more vibrant as well. Still changing water every 4 days and lowered feedings to twice a day every other day and one time a day other days. Still feeding a variety of different foods. Lots of growth and some of the “new” pigeons have almost doubled in size with 2 still slightly smaller than the rest. However they all put up a good fight at feeding time! Started thawing my frozen cubes with tank water and have not had a bloat issue since then. All in all things are going well besides the two loses. But ya win some and ya lose some.. it’s part of the learning process.

Some photos of the fighters!

Will get more pics of them this evening as they are.
Hello
I’m very sorry to hear you lost 2 discus. These were the Han’s discus? Just curious, What happened to them? So, I can learn from others.
Those discus pics are gorgeous!!! I want a yellow pigeon blood now, but I’m wait till I move mines to their new big tank.

86 ssinit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Sorry to hear of the losses. Good to see the update:). Fish look great! Good color. Mine are still orange:)
CE7447D1-5B5E-4F90-8437-CB04B589E10E.jpeg

angelcraze

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Sorry about the runts, but I say it's nature. I have noticed how some are out completed in fish schools. Doesn't matter, discus, angels or rams, there is always a hierarchy. Haven't found a good way to avoid it yet. Sometimes I find nature works itself out, like if there was not enough room for 10, well......maybe it was just meant to be.

Glad the others are doing so well, they look amazing and growing so quickly :) 8 discus is a very nice school, it'll be ok. Also love the color scheme of your school.

Thedudeiam94

Well Known Member
Reaction score

angelcraze

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thedudeiam94 said:
Wow yours are really orange!!
Lighting also makes a big difference I have noticed. Depends a lot on the spectrum. Both are very pretty!

Thedudeiam94

Well Known Member
Reaction score
tiffani said:
Hello
I’m very sorry to hear you lost 2 discus. These were the Han’s discus? Just curious, What happened to them? So, I can learn from others.
Those discus pics are gorgeous!!! I want a yellow pigeon blood now, but I’m wait till I move mines to their new big tank.
I think it had something to do with bloating from beef heart possibly. Which is why I started cutting up my frozen beef heart cubes and thawing them out before feeding. Also being bullied by the larger discus had a lot of influence on it as well. I guess sometimes less is more... only the strong thrive. I will make sure that all of my future purchases are bought at the same size as my current stock from now on. I originally added 5 2.5 inch to my 5 3-4 inch fish I had grown up until that point. So my advice is it may cost more but always buy the same size fish to add to your current stock if you do so in the future.

Thedudeiam94

Well Known Member
Reaction score
@86 ssinit photo quality makes mine look terribly blurry lol 23]

angelcraze

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thedudeiam94 said:
@86 ssinit photo quality makes mine look terribly blurry lol 23]
What is up with that? I haven't noticed if my pics are more blurry once uploaded. What are you using to take pics?

tiffani

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Ok, I’m so sorry you lost them & they were from the breeder. I don’t feed mines beef heart at all. Mines would probably eat till they blew up, but I try to give them mostly tetra flakes, granulated, hikari vibrabites & freeze dried food- some frozen. I’ve really cut down on the frozen, cause IMO, I think its pollutes the water fast. I can tell when their over eating- they start breathing funny.
I know mines won’t grow super fast, but they seem to be healthy, slow growing & doing well on those foods.
Your current discus are beautiful!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom