The Guppy Who Lived....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sankalpakc

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hey Everyone,

So a few months ago when I set up my tank I purchased some feeder guppies to help with initial cycling. They cost exactly 8 cents each so I wasn't really worried if they died in the process. All of the guppies passed on as my tank matured except one. I ended up stocking the tank with semi-aggressive community fish (silvertip tetra and serpae tetra) that are known to be fin nippers, so I didn't think he would last long.

Fast forward 3 months - my last guppy as somehow been "accepted into the shoal." He swims around with the silvertips all day, and even seems to have been pulled into their pecking order (he chases some of them around, others chase him around). I feel like he's 'forgotten' he's a guppy, sort of like a cat raised around dogs.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else has stories about fun surprises of fish getting along when you didn't expect them to. Usually on forums people discuss their problems, so I thought I'd give the community a chance to tell more enjoyable anecdotes. =)

IMG-7304.JPG

IMG-7300.JPG

Lance0414

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I had 3 Guppies in my 24 Gallon, 2(Fancy and Blonde Delta) mated and had about 20 fry, then the other Guppy killed those 2 Guppies and ate all their fry but one. That one fry followed her everywhere and they did everything together until the Lemon died. Here's the Guppies
The Parents
The Lemon
The Baby

Mcasella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
That's a mosquito fish male, no wonder he has been accepted - they are more aggressive than any guppy..I have successfully housed a small one inch male with large goldfish without it getting eaten because it was quick but also very aggressive. Having them with other brightly colored fish often has them nipping at the other fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Weekly

Votes: 85 68.0%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 14 11.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 22 17.6%

Top Bottom