The Fluval FX4 flow pattern?

TacomaToker

Does the water flow up or down through the chambers? Thanks!

Bwood22

Does the water flow up or down through the chambers? Thanks!
The baskets inside the filter create 2 chambers.
Inner and outer.
Water enters the intake and fills the outer chamber from the bottom upwards. Then in travels down through the inner chamber to the output where it pumps back into the tank.

Redviper

This MAY be obvious but I had to learn it the hard way: Make sure that all removable trays are stacked properly and merge the way they should. My issue was that I was trying to smash in too much media.

TacomaToker

This MAY be obvious but I had to learn it the hard way: Make sure that all removable trays are stacked properly and merge the way they should. My issue was that I was trying to smash in too much media.
I was doing the same thing. I finally removed some media and realized it actually fits together when you don't stuff it full. What issues were you having by not having the trays stacked properly?
The baskets inside the filter create 2 chambers.
Inner and outer.
Water enters the intake and fills the outer chamber from the bottom upwards. Then in travels down through the inner chamber to the output where it pumps back into the tank.
Thanks. I didn't even realize there was an outer chamber, its so small.

Redviper

I was doing the same thing. I finally removed some media and realized it actually fits together when you don't stuff it full. What issues were you having by not having the trays stacked properly?

It makes me feel a bit better knowing that someone else made the same mistake. The initial issue was having to dance around trying to close the unit. Because of the bio-media I was using it wasn't possible to use the red tray inserts, which according to Fluval increases flow if used correctly.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
appcontrol
Replies
Views
GlennO
Replies
Views
Tony M
Replies
Views