The Fishaholic's Holiday Thank You Tale

1. chickadee Fishlore VIP Member

MERRY CHRISTMAS!HAPPY HANUKKAHSEASON'S GREETINGSHAPPY WINTERHAPPY SUMMER (FOR THOSE OF YOU ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE EQUATOR)HAPPY ANY OTHER HOLIDAY I MAY HAVE MISSED

THE FISHAHOLIC'S (IN A SMALL WAY) HOLIDAY THANK YOU TALE

A few years back, I had 2 strokes and my family decided that I was fairly incapable of doing anything for myself around the house so they insisted I have help with me at least 16 hours a day or go to an assisted living facility. Now I know this sounds like it is starting out to be a "poor me" thing but please bear with me, it isn't.

About 5 months ago my cousin decided to send me this little container for a Betta. She also sent food, gravel and everything but the water and the fish. Since my family loves her, they didn't have the heart to tell her she had done the unpardonable and given me something to do. So I bought a Betta. (Azul) Needless to say, it wasn't long until he needed HELP. (here starts the GOOD part) There was NO ONE around me who would or could help and I went to the internet. I found YOU ALL.

Now, you have seen me through the recycling process, the many ailments, the addition of Noel and any of a number of other little problems and joys I have experienced as the proud and happy owner of my fish. (Now to include the triplets, Winkin', Blinkin', and Nod - my Ottos) In the process, you have also helped me build up a confidence in myself I haven't had for years. I have taken care of these precious little bundles without the "help" of those around me here at home. They are healthy and happy here today because of what I am doing based on your help and suggestions.

As of the first of the week, my family has agreed to the fact that if I can do this without the help of nurses', attendants, or aides. I do not need to have my hand held and have someone "helping me" all the time. I am given my independence back!!! Now, this may all sound very melodramatic to you but I just wanted you to know that sometimes what you do has very far reaching consequences and what you do to help may do more than just to help the fish they are talking about.

I want to take this time to THANK EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU FOR JUST BEING THERE FOR ME AND FOR EACH OTHER. You do a service for each other that is truly great.

With my most humble sincerity,

Chickadee/Rose

2. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Thats Wonderful!!!! I'm so proud of and for you!!!!
    Carol

3. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

Ditto! Rose that is great! This hobby just keeps getting better and better! Thanks for that great story! ;)

4. dahly Member Member

Rose,  Thank you for sharing.  The unselfish support of everyone at this site/club is indeed wonderful.  I am glad your success in this hobby was therapeutic for your family as well!  :D  You go Girl!  ;)  Glenn

5. Mike Fishlore Admin Moderator Member

That's awesome - thanks for sharing that Rose

Merry Christmas,
    Mike

6. tootie03 Initiate Member

Awwwwwwwwwww Rose!!!!

This is beautiful!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing

Frohe Weihnachten

Margit

7. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

Frohe Weihnachten! ;D Merry Christmas Rose! That is a great story, thanks for sharing!

8. Janmitch22 Member Member

That's an awesome tale. I liked it a lot. Thank you for sharing, it bolstered my spirits.

9. chickadee Fishlore VIP Member

Thank you ALL for for your comments.  I love the chrismunkkahat the top.  I wonder who came up with it.  I always used to feel kind of special getting to celebrate Hanukkah because it lasted for 8 nights instead of just one, but as I know more and more people who celebrate other holidays and have come to appreciate their commitment and the love behind their celebrations, we now celebrate an all faiths holiday.  

I love you all and wish the best for all of you throughout the coming year.  Bless you for your kind wishes.

Rose

10. dano569 Member Member

that is a great story rose and fish tanks are good for everyone. it makes me feel better when i've had a stressful day or i'm kinda down just to sit there and stare at my fish. :this is a great site and the main reason is the people on here.i enjoy talking with y'all very much.thanks everyone and have a great holiday. ;) ;D 8)