The fish, the fur, and the physicist: email

1. endlercollector

endlercollector Fishlore VIP Member

Things got exciting yesterday when we had to go up to the Bay Area for a memorial service, and the dog/fish sitter accidentally set off the alarm system. I had notified the alarm company, but they got mixed up on phone numbers and dispatched the police anyway. Lots of going back and forth by cell phone and text messages while trying to focus on elderly people's stories and hovering physicist who rarely moves more than 3 feet from my side if we go out in public together. (The brilliant scientist is too painfully shy to speak to almost anyone.) Everything got straightened out by the end of the memorial, and I hope that our pet sitter will get over the trauma and return.

Later, while waiting for the plane in the Oakland airport and looking at the icons on the physicist's iPad.

Me: Did you hear back from the pet sitter?

Hubby: No, not yet.

Me: You have 24,862 email messages? Are those both of your accounts together?

Hubby: They feed in together. Those are just the unanswered messages.

Me: The quarter hasn't even started yet. Do you really have that many messages from whiny undergrads? Wait, how can you tell them apart from the whiny graduate students?

Hubby: I can't tell the difference. I just don't answer if I don't recognize the name.

Me: I had no idea I was so lucky when you email me from the other side of the house.

I still have to track down the pet sitter...

2. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

How can you have so many unanswered messages????????

3. Greentea101

Greentea101 Valued Member Member

Pay no attention to your email account. Email was invited by the devil.

4. OP
    OP
    endlercollector

endlercollector Fishlore VIP Member

Strangely, he only had 24,788 unread messages last night, but then again, the fall quarter is starting quite late this year. Last spring, he had a class with over 80 TA's and over to 2000 undergraduates. It does not look clear to me when if ever California public universities will recover from the last recession :0

5. CliCliW

CliCliW Valued Member Member

And I thought I was bad with 400-something emails unread in my student email account. Darn pesky emails.. I do read them, just not on the student email account, cause I've them set to send to my gmail :) I love the title of this thread though :)

Sent from my C1505 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app