The fish, the fur, and the physicist: big oops

1. endlercollector Fishlore VIP Member

It was a rare quiet moment when the television was not blasting in the physicist office. I went it in and began talking to him about my Trinidadian poecilia picta tank and the dogs. Then I went on about how I realized that, as a result of the extreme drought measures taken by the HOA across the street from us, their lawns are all dead, and an extended family of gophers has moved into what remains of our ground cover. He responded to me quietly and we seem to be having a nice conversation, so I went over to hug and kiss him, which is always a little difficult because of his extreme shyness even after 22 years since I first asked him out. Then I heard a voice from the computer, asking him where he had gone to and realized that he was still in the middle of an international Skype meeting for his experiment. People in seven time zones saw me in my pajamas. Sigh.

2. hollie1505 Well Known Member Member

At least you were wearing your pyjamas ;)

3. lollipopkiller Well Known Member Member

lol on the bright side now your famous in seven diffrent time zones for fish and pajamas!

4. ricmcc Well Known Member Member

I,myself, am waiting for the 'Gophers in the undies' prior to addressing, or needlessly, undressing this issue; string theory hangs in the balance--------rick, then <ruly

5. endlercollector Fishlore VIP Member

The American physicists are very laid-back, but the Germans and particularly the Japanese have expectations. What with Skype, the Japanese professors can now participate from home, but their graduate students still stay at their university offices overnight. I asked hubby if he can tell that the Japanese professors are wearing more relaxed clothes, and he said he has not noticed. Of course, since I know that he has little visual memory, it means they look the same even though they are at home and in the wee hours of tomorrow. In other words, they are not wearing pajamas. Sigh.

6. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

:;laughing
    I about spit my iced tea out reading this.

Hope they were cute pj's at least!

7. Rivieraneo Moderator Moderator Member

It's ok endlercollector, your excuse should be you were going for a late night trip to your local super store, you were in proper WalMart dress attire anyway ;)

8. endlercollector Fishlore VIP Member

Sadly, no. Food and tea stains that could not be bleached. And here I am, always inspecting him to make sure that he's decent before he goes to campus :p

@ Rivieraneo
    Actually, this happened at nearly midday here and 4 AM in Japan, so I looked like a true slacker. And yes, I has been outside to the mailbox and observing the gopher holes in my pajamas. We face the back wall of the HOA, and I have just been assuming that they're not watching me. Hopefully, I'm not on YouTube now...