The Fish Room

Squirtle =)

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hey all

Well to start I believe it was 2 years or so ago when I first walked into a fish shop once again after a good 3 years of not keeping fish, Had no idea what I was doing and setup a 2ft tank then that 2 foot tank turned into a 4ft tank then 2 more tanks came all over the 100G mark, Now I have close to a total of 25 tanks all over 100G so MTS!

Once I saw My first flowerhorn in the shop playing with my hand I feel in love and went tank crazy, quickly started reading as much as I could fit in to my brain in one day, then took over the garage.

This picture where the garage after 2-3 weeks of throwing stuff out, I felt like I was getting no where and just wasting money on skips at one point, by this point my whole family was saying I have a fetish for fish and teasing me!

anyways then I started reading all about fish rooms and how to set them up insulation etc etc, a friend from work came over and said everything should be fine as the room is double sun bricked and the cement floor will absorbed the heat/cold why the roof will let it out/in and all I needed was a fan to vent it.

One day I was getting quotes for tanks at work and a mate walked up and told me he saw some tanks on gumtree (like craiglist) so I went to have a look and found 4x 6x2x2 with metal stands and and 7x18x2 with an 8x18x18 and pallet racking, straight away I knew it was what I wanted got the driver from work went and picked them all up he pulled his shoulder I pulled my back but we got them all in one day in the rain!

The first tanks for the fish room!
Shortly after this I was begging my cousins to come over and help me lift them, 2 of us tried 2 of is failed, we got the bottom ones in but no way could we get the top ones on, so finally my cousins girlfriend (now Hey all

Well to start I believe it was 2 years or so ago when I first walked into a fish shop once again after a good 3 years of not keeping fish, Had no idea what I was doing and setup a 2ft tank then that 2 foot tank turned into a 4ft tank then 2 more tanks came all over the 100G mark, Now I have close to a total of 25 tanks all over 100G so MTS!

A petshop was closing down and had another tier stand that would fit right in the area I needed so I snapped that up also my girlfriend and I managed to get those tanks up also, to this day she still thinks I am crazy

Squirtle =)

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I moved most of my fish into these tanks, fry cichlids into the 4fts, mainly a mixed cichlid tank in the top left one.

Next I went and got a tank for the flowerhorn in the shop, owner was not very happy selling it but in the end he decided too.

then I found 2 almost full grown jags for sale, the owner was pretty sure they where a pair so I tried them out one month went by every time I let them out they would just fight so I decided to just let them out and see what happens after reading its hard to tell when jags are fighting or just having sex, big fellas like it ruff I guess :;pirate

few weeks later this came

Went a few weeks without anything coming was learning about sumps to setup the 8ft/7ft tier, then I found a cheap 4ft 3 tier stand so jacked that up, went and got a RD I had always had my eyes on, before this I got my jardini.

This is 6 months after I got him, he was about 35-40CM back then.

I stopped for a while to get one tank in my bedroom done and bossy boots was not happy looking at an empty tank and I promised myself and her discus would go in our room, So I stopped with my fishroom as such for a good 3 weeks or so.

Finished this tank, then decided it was time to move the jardini into the 7FT tank, went out to get bulk heads tried 4 different ones none went in! so I said stuff it got some aquarium silicon, removed the dividers from the sump got a hammer out hit them a few times got the biggest chunks glued them into it (had to do one tank at a time) cleaned them and got them all up onto the rack. we almost dropped the 8ft tank was veryyyy scary =O

Along the way I got some more fish and re did my 4ft tank but this has to wait I am brain dead now and feel like I went on and and on with typing this xD

Squirtle =)

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
lol ty

Discus tank is all live T5HO light 5-6 hours per day.

Yeah I have 2 bottles that size, they last a few months xD

Thats how pillow xD red devils live life hard !

Akari_32

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
What would you call that Devil's coloring? He doesn't seem to be albino, but I can't see his full eye, so I'm not really sure lol

Squirtle =)

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Not too sure what its called, she is a pure red devil, most of the ones you see that are orangery etc are midas crossed with red devils etc, here eyes are blueish with a midnight black in the middle best eyes ive ever seen I have to take more pictures and maybe a video of the room so I can try to go into depth with each fish ;3

Squirtle =)

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Alright round 3 Squirtle vs brain memory!

yes,okie dokies! started on the 4ft tank as it the neons caught neon tetra bug and we almost lost the whole live stock! so I moved them all into a small tank, then started to rebuild the tank. Nothing serious just added more plants more sand as the plants where growing out of the ground, which amazed me as its just a T8 tube, and we restocked the tank I will try to get a video of this also.

After this I started to clean some 4ft tanks, added a Black belt and flowerhorn pair to the 2 spare tanks both running eheim 2213s

Then I did plan on stopping and leaving it at what I had for a year or so but a sale came up I could not hold back on 10x 4x2x2 tanks with stands and 2 6ft sumps all for under 2000$ so in amazement I went to check it out, the units where used for salt and they seemed to be fine, the stands the store used where hard wired into the wall so I was worried how I would build that, the owner told me he had stands made up for the tanks he planned to use but found them not very good for the shop as the sump cant sit under them.

So after trying to bargain an already great deal I go some where and took the whole setup, within 2 days everything was delivered, I worked so hard those 2 days my nose was bleeding for a good 2 hours the first day and 45 minutes the second, I still blame it on the heat but everyone says it was working 16 hours flat! time flys....

We had a BBQ the following day and my cousins helped me well I didnt get to help much but they lifted all the tanks onto the stands within 30 minutes, then we ate a BBQ lol... I started trying to learn how to plumb the sumps and had no clue, pirahnah helped me out a lot and I owe him my left leg for it so thank you too him. I started cleaning the tanks as soon as I knew how to plumb them got 4 done and 1 sump then yesterday started plumbing just tested the system today and everything is working as expected, apart for the fact the media does nothing fancy to my liking I was expecting it to move or dance just sits there =(

thats without the media in and on a low flow I have fixed the flow so it comes out more strong. anyways I think that pretty much puts us up to date with everything thats happening out there!

I will get a video of all my tanks right now as I am bored lol.

Thanks to everyone who has helped me over the past 2 years or so, really has made keeping fish much more enjoyable, I hope some day I will be able to give advice!

Squirtle =)

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
LOL I am a bit young to adopt a kid + I have a whole family in the garage to care for hehe

Gordinian

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I like what you're doing with the fish room!! I've always preferred to have my tanks scattered throughout the house, but a fish room is working for you!

Such cute babies and beautiful discus, by the way!

I'm hoping more pictures

Squirtle =)

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
lol thanks guys, I took a video of the room just watched hahaha its so bad!!! my camera records in like a box and I look like an idiot with a camera walking around bahah xD + the glare was just killing the views so best i can do until I can get an actual camera!

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Wow!

Great job you're doing Squirtle! Thanks for taking us along with you!

Ken

Squirtle =)

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Thanks Ken and pirahnah.

just woke up got the video uploaded not sure if I should share or not, its really bad! When I get my hands on the camera I will delete this one and re do it.

Squirtle =)

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hey all Just got some full room shots hope you enjoy, sorry about the car dont drive cant move it.

also the newest tank upgrade, have to get in the mode of posting the pictures here not in new posts!!!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom